Ive slowed down time in my carenado cargo master

Captain Vodka

Now here's a strange one. .

running a flight within air hauler 2 and I thought . hey this 44 mile trip seems to be taking ages. flying at 140 knots. .well that's a quick 20min flight.

Did a second flight later in the day, after a reboot . And once again it seemed to of taken ages to fly just 60 miles

This was in the c208 carenado super cargo master. I looked at the in cockpit clock gauge and watched the second hand!!!

OMG time was really moving slowly in fact around 1/2 speed. 1 minutes became two looking at the second hand movement?

Ive never witnessed this before, has anyone else come across this?

The fps was still around the 30fps and not affected

Check the simulation rate:

sr.jpg

Btw. this is the way to make nice Youtube videos. You slow simulation rate down to "Half Speed" and the simulator suddenly has only half the workload. Your FPS look great, because the sim does only half the calculations and rendering than normal. In post processing you then accelerate the video to twice it's original speed, making everything look super smooth and the scenery sharp.

sorry for the delayed reply chaps . .Christmas with the family. .

yep , first thing I checked was the sim rate and all was set to normal and this was what really got myself concerned if this was a wider issue with my fsx instal. been fine for 2 years now?

Did you force the slider to a different setting? For example, what happens if you set it to 2x simulation rate? Just to make sure that there isn't a discrepancy between the slider in the GUI and the actual value in the sim. Maybe it is something that AH2 does? Or some other addon? I would disable the addons in exe.xml and dll.xml one by one and see what happens.

It shouldn't depend on your hardware, the sim has its own internal clock. So if for example your CPU would throttle down, you would have lower FPS, but the flight time would be accurate.

Archived