Panel.cfg files: Meaning of visible

Stanley777

Hi everyone,

In an aircraft's panel.cfg file, each window has a line stating either visible=0 or visible=1.

What does that mean, please?

Thank you.

Stanley

Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 | Dell U2717D monitor | Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X

Total available graphics memory: 24534 MB; Dedicated video memory: 8192 MB; System video memory: 0 MB; Shared system memory: 16342 MB

OK. Right. Thanks.

Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 | Dell U2717D monitor | Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X

Total available graphics memory: 24534 MB; Dedicated video memory: 8192 MB; System video memory: 0 MB; Shared system memory: 16342 MB

A more correct answer would be that a popup Window with visible=1 will be visible when the panel is loaded into the sim.

The main 2D panel should always (in most cases, someone will find one that is different) be set to visible=1.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Up top of panel cfg is the (Window Titles) with 'Window00=Main Panel. That would be your 2D panel. Then below you have the 'Window00=Man Panel' section with it being 'visible=1' and is what you will see (ie: panel bmp and gauges) in 2D panel view. The others: 'Window0X=XXX', etc are pop up (windows) that you don't want to see until you press 'Shift+2', 3, etc, and that is why they are 'visible=0'.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived