New On Flight Sim..X

hello guyz I am making this thread for a new game I have been playing Flying Sim X ,. I was wanting to know when I goto fly aircrafts it tells me to download these different files and I have to or I cant fly the aircrafts.. Is this safe for my computer..I don't wanna download any harmful things to it. hope yall understand what I mean. Sorry it seems like a dumb question but I just wanna know if the game is just like that or am I not downloading something right.Thanks and hope someone can let me know so I can start back playing it.. thanks Mitchell from Georgia USA

FSX is not 'backward' compatible. If you download a FS2004 (ie: FS9) aircraft and it has 'old' (to FSX anyway-pre 2006) panel and gauges FSX 'balks'. It then asks if you 'trust' that gauge which (like il88pp said) is a file. I have a panel I use on piston, turboprop and jets that has an 'old' gauge (RKG_fuelstat.gau, 8/31/2006) and I have to say 'OK' to it every time I load it in a different aircraft. No biggee. I have had to the 'OK' 80 times. And 1 for FSUIPC and 1 for FSRecorder.

FSX will then list the aircraft and the gauge (or *.dll) in FSX.cfg file under (Trusted) section. Here is how line looks like: 'D:\Flight Sim X\SimObjects\Aircraft FS9\Bull Stearman D75N1\ panel.hjaFI\ RKG_fuelstat.GAU.buznzcruwzbinezenhcukuqqbckencirbuiizklk=2 . You also may have to 'ok' files for FSUIPC and FSRecorder, as I said. So FSX goes by date and perhaps 'type' of file as *.dll files (library file) can be considered 'suspicious' (liable to contain a trojan, etc) but not if you TRUST the source such as FSUIPC and FSRecorder. Hope this clears that up.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

hey man thanks for all the info it really helps.. Yeah the pop ups that I'm talking about is when I click the airplane to fly it pops up a box to click yes or accept I think it says Yes, or OK.. sorry cant remember..but I was suspicious cause the computer is a 2k computer money hog lol..I really hope the game works out cause I love flying sims.. I appreciate everyone that commented to me...Thanks and take care...I believe it is safe to click OK and Yes on the boxes? am I right?

You got a $2,000 PC and 'worried' about it getting infected. Make GOOGLE your friend. It's FREE. It will guide you to forum posts on ANY subject (not just FltSim). Be smart - READ UP on anything that you have doubts about. Then go watch YouTube video about it. They don't tell you everything. You have to 'dig it up' on your own.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

hey guys got a problem with Flying Sim X . I readownloaded the game cause I got a refund cause of a problem with it. The problem I am having now is when I reinstalled it and when it installs it pops up a box that says *Unknown Error* And I have no clue what to do to fix it. Could someone help me with this issue.. Thanks Mitch...

Archived