My Aircraft gets stuck on runway after landing

leep

Hi,

I have recently re-installed FSX on my PC for various reasons (windows 7 64 bit), I have used it previously with no problems. I have added all my extras in as before no problems. In my aircraft now when I land / where ever I land once I have applied the brakes and reverse thrust after landing the aircraft begins to slow, when you release these and then want to turn off at a taxi way the aircraft acts as if the brakes are still applied and comes to a complete stop even when they arent. Even on full throttle the aircraft basically brakes itself to a holt on the runway and then wont turn off. Its not the autobrake as its not even swicthed on!? Any ideas?

I've had that happen a few times. One time, by mistake, I hit the landing gear key at too high a speed, and got the warning about damaging landing gear. Then, on landing, I couldn't move. Also had a hard landing a few times, same problem. This MIGHT be the cause.

Running FSX-SE on   Intel core i7-12700kf,  DDR4 16G,  Nvidia Geforce RTX3070 8gb6, 1tbm.2 pcie ssd,  on windows 11.

I've had that happen a few times. One time, by mistake, I hit the landing gear key at too high a speed, and got the warning about damaging landing gear. Then, on landing, I couldn't move. Also had a hard landing a few times, same problem. This MIGHT be the cause.

Hi RickG its literally every aircraft and flight even default fsx aircraft that dont have retracetable landing gear.

Check your key assignment for 'Brakes', perhaps for some reason they're staying locked on when you release them, or maybe the parking brake key is somehow getting in on the act and disrupting proceedings.

Its not that either :(

I would rename FSX.CFG file (like: FSX.CFGBACK )

let FSX rebuild a new one once restarted

It worked for me with similar break problems.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

the aircraft acts as if the brakes are still applied and comes to a complete stop

Maybe it's a joystick or yoke fault?

A couple of weeks ago my planes were stuck on full throttle and no amount of sliding the joystick throttle lever would help, so I dismantled the stick and saw one of the throttle wires was hanging in midair, so I spliced it back together, problem solved..:)

I would rename FSX.CFG file (like: FSX.CFGBACK )

let FSX rebuild a new one once restarted

It worked for me with similar break problems.

This worked! - Thank you I can now actually do a full flight again!

Archived