ATR 42-500 flyable by OSP problem

xrtc

Hello people...so i edited this plane to be flyable because its so so accurate comparing to the real one...so the problem is that it can only read the house textures...anything else is not visible...osp's atr 42-300 and 72-202 are totally ok with even 10 different textures...any thoughts?

ok...so here's the .cfg details...

//OSP ATR42 FDE v1.0

[fltsim.0]

title=OSP ATR 42-500 House Livery

sim=ATR42

model=500

texture=house

atc_id=F-WWER

atc_airline=AEROSPATIALE

atc_flight_number=1123

atc_parking_codes=ATR

atc_parking_types=GATE

ui_manufacturer=OSP

ui_type=ATR 42-500

ui_variation=House Livery

description=

[fltsim.1]

title=OSP ATR 45-500 Airlinair (White)

sim=ATR42

model=500

texture=Airlinair\White

atc_id=F-GVZB

atc_airline=Airlinair

atc_parking_codes=RLA

atc_parking_types=GATE

ui_manufacturer=OSP

ui_type=ATR 42-500

ui_variation=Airlinair

description=OSP ATR 42-500 Airlinair (White)\nModel and paintkit by Oskari Syynimaa\nTextures by Jeremy Grimaud

[fltsim.2]

title=OSP ATR 45-500 Airlinair (White with logo on fuse)

sim=ATR42

model=500

texture=Airlinair\White with logo on fuse

atc_id=F-GPYN

atc_airline=Air France

atc_parking_codes=RLA,AFRX

atc_parking_types=GATE

ui_manufacturer=OSP

ui_type=ATR 42-500

ui_variation=Airlinair

description=OSP ATR 42-500 Airlinair (White with logo on fuse)\nModel and paintkit by Oskari Syynimaa\nTextures by Jeremy Grimaud

[fltsim.3]

title=OSP ATR 45-500 Airlinair

sim=ATR42

model=500

texture=Airlinair\Full colors

atc_id=F-GPYB

atc_airline=Airlinair

atc_parking_codes=RLA

atc_parking_types=GATE

ui_manufacturer=OSP

ui_type=ATR 42-500

ui_variation=Airlinair

description=OSP ATR 42-500 Airlinair\nModel and paintkit by Oskari Syynimaa\nTextures by Jeremy Grimaud

[fltsim.4]

title=OSP ATR 45-500 Air France by Airlinair (White tail)

sim=ATR42

model=500

texture=Air France by Airlinair\White tail

atc_id=F-GPYL

atc_airline=Air France

atc_parking_codes=RLA,AFRX

atc_parking_types=GATE

ui_manufacturer=OSP

ui_type=ATR 42-500

ui_variation=Air France by Airlinair

description=OSP ATR 42-500 Air France by Airlinair (White tail)\nModel and paintkit by Oskari Syynimaa\nTextures by Jeremy Grimaud

Looking at the repaint download...this is one for Airlinair.

texture.JPG

Just wondering about texture=Airlinair\Full colors (wondering about using the slash or a texture folder inside of another texture folder?)

I would have taken the individual folders out of the texture.Airlinair folder and had

texture=Full colors.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

i just did that but nothing...now the plane is not even visible now that there's no texture.house file... :/

OK, sorry! That was just my best guess! Just a quick question....you edited the AI aircraft base model to be flyable...You added a panel? None of the [fltsim.xx] show a panel=

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I think the lines like "texture=Airlinair\Full colors" are unacceptable...you have to put the texture folder in the same master folder for the airplane, and the line in aircraft.cfg is "texture=[name]" and refers to the specific texture.[name] folder. In other words, you can't link to a texture folder outside the airplane's master folder.

Nadlzfw

i did that with the slashes and that because thats how i have the osp atr 42 300...i deleted everything now and re-pasted the original file in the aircraft folder. As long as there is a texture.house folder everything is good. Whatever i add in the aircraft.cfg folder is not visible in the menu in the game...i know i should go play with a flyable model but all the models outthere according to their appearance are not so "correct" as the osp models are..

i just found out that its not only the textures...any edit in the aircraft.cfg file is not applied in the game...for example...there was an issue with both ospatr42-300 and 500 with fuel tanks which made the planes be in "take-off" position permanently..i fixed some numbers in the .cfg file of both models and when i went back in the game, 300 was fixed and 500 was not...same thing with the lights...i think i discovered a major hole in the model haha...

I think the lines like "texture=Airlinair\Full colors" are unacceptable

Nadlzfw

This format is quite acceptable in FS9. The proviso is that within the specific aircraft folder there is :

A texture folder named texture.Airlinair

Within the above folder there is a folder named Full colors

Within the Full colors folder there are the texture bmp files

Archived