New PC Building for FSX

kadanwari

Hi,

I am making plan to develop " Homemade Cockpit" by using various Saitek products, multiple Leds etc. First of all, I want to change my PC. Please let me know either below spec are enough for running FSX smoothly. (My budget is not too high).

PROCESSOR INTEL CORE i5 4430 3.0GHZ

MOTHERBOARD INTEL DH87RL

MEMORY 4GB DDR3 MEMORY

HARD DRIVE 500GB SATA

GRAPHIC CARD NVIDIA GT630 2GB 128BIT

CASING STANDARD ATX CASING

POWER SUPPLY THERMAL MASTER 420W

PIA // COME FLY WITH US

If your version of Windows is 64-bit, then get more memory. That way FSX can get the full 4 GB of address space it can use, and Windows can get what it needs at the same time.

Then, your CPU is the weak link here. If possible, get one with a faster clock rate, or make sure the one you get can be overclocked.

Jorgen

Back in the old days - way back in the VERY old days in the mid-80's - Peter Norton listed his priorities in buying a new PC. Going from, and interpreted from, my now ailing memory, those were:

1. Buy the BEST monitor on the market. No question about the price - it's your eyes that will be looking at the thing.

2. Buy the largest hard drive that you can (barely) afford. They fill up quicker than you think.

3. Now is the time to think about the CPU.....

So, back then in Denmark in 1987, I bought an Eizo VGA monitor. For HDD I bought a Seagate 4096, for the equivalent of USD 1,000, with a capacity of whooping 80 MB (!), and people asked what I would do with all that space....

Jorgen

what about these spec,

PROCESSOR Intel Core i3 6100 *6TH GEN. 3.7GHZ 3MB

MOTHERBOARD ASUS B150 PRO GAMING DDR4

RAM Corsair Vengeance *4GB 2400 BUS DDR 4

GAMING CARD ASUS GTX 750Ti

HARD DISK Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE 64MB

Game casing Thermaltake MID-TOWER CASING VERSA N25

Power Supply Corsair VS 650 WATT POWER SUPPLY

PIA // COME FLY WITH US

Much better with the CPU at 3.7 GHz!!!

However, regarding the RAM, you also have 4 GB in this one. If - and I emphazise IF - your version of Windows is 64-bit, then consider getting at least 8 GB. You don't necessarily have to get it right now, but make sure there are slots available on the motherboard for it when your budget allows.

Jorgen

Much better with the CPU at 3.7 GHz!!!

However, regarding the RAM, you also have 4 GB in this one. If - and I emphazise IF - your version of Windows is 64-bit, then consider getting at least 8 GB. You don't necessarily have to get it right now, but make sure there are slots available on the motherboard for it when your budget allows.

Jorgen

+1! However if you can stick a 4 or more GHZ CPU in, that's even better.

Also remember to get "Powered USB hubs!" If you're using a lot of USB external equipment like from Saitek, you'll quickly overload your motherboard without a "powered hubs!" And they're cheap as well!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Thanks to all, specially Jorgen, for nice advices. I understood now, I hope, I will be able to built nice machine.

I would request to advice me to use multiple LEDs with 01 Video card, which adopter to be used. I want to use 03 LEDs for outside view, 01 LEd for Panel and 01 tablet for FMC.

PIA // COME FLY WITH US

• 3 weeks later...

Here are my specs...

Operating System:-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

-Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz

-16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)

-Motherboard: ASRock H97M Pro4 (CPUSocket)

-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (EVGA) SSC

However I have yet to achieve these MAXED OUT SPECS I see in youtube videos...I'm afraid none of the gucci video cards, or memory will buy more VAS, which is locked at 4.0 because FSX is a 32 bit program

About building:

the order of choosing is different I think.

-get the fastest, best, processor you can afford. (you can't really upgrade it later!)

-get a good, quality, mainboard. With all the connectors you will need during the full lifetime of the computer.

-get some fast ram

-get a case with a lot of cooling fans.

-get a quality power supply.

Then the stuff you CAN upgrade later:

all the trimmings. Hdd's, ssd, videocard, dvd writer, monitor, etc. That can all be easily upgraded later if needed.

For a homebuilt cockpit, with a lot of controllers, and maybe a second monitor later, or even a third, don't buy an i3.

You'll need either a i7 4790k, a i5 6600k, or a i7 6700k.

I think with anything less you will be disappointed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived