Payware vs Freeware

vry

I have become disappointed by the purchase of expensive payware:

These are: Carenado Beech King Air B200, Cessna 340, Flight1 Beech King Air B200 ($59), reinstall Boeing Queen of the skies (PMDG).

None of these function properly and crash the sim. There are others. This does not occur with Milviz, A2A, Iris, Wings of Power, Captain Sim, Nemeth, Vcol, Razbam, CLS, Aerosoft and Virtavia. I know that multiple subscribers will disagree with me. Carenado has very good customer service, but could not help me. I was unable to contact Flight1. All this cost a lot of money. So I have decided only to use freeware, which never functions like this.

Your opinions would be valued.

Keith

Neither have I, and I have a lot of Carenado. I suspect there's something in your system or installation causing the problem, since I seriously doubt it's the aircraft you bought.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

None of these function properly and crash the sim.

More accurate to say they crash your sim. Others fly them without the problems that you report. Maybe better to put your computer in good working order instead of blaming others.

If the more advanced payware is beyond your rig's powers or you just don't have the means to install it properly, lots of great freeware, aircraft and scenery, enough to enjoy for years and years without spending a cent.

I asked you not to flame me. And I blame you for starting unfriendly remarks.. My computer is in fine condition, and is high end and used for graphics. I use the iFly Boeing all Milviz, A2A etc. with no problem. I don't want to comment on this forum anymore.

Disagreeing with you is NOT the same as flaming you. Get used to it, you're not always correct.

Many people use these products without them crashing their simulator. So it's something in your specific setup that's causing it.

Such issues can be extremely difficult to diagnose. The best way to go usually is remove things until the problem goes away, then slowly reintroduce them. The last thing installed before the problem appears is then either on its own the problem or it conflicts with something else that's already installed and the two together can't live nicely together.

And yes, if you have a lot of addons that can be a long drawn out diagnostic process.

Flight1 have their own support forums at http://simforums.com where you can ask for help, and a ticket system on their website as well.

But if your attitude towards them is as beligerent as what you are displaying here I can fully understand why you're not getting much of a response from them or anyone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I asked you not to flame me. And I blame you for starting unfriendly remarks.. My computer is in fine condition, and is high end and used for graphics. I use the iFly Boeing all Milviz, A2A etc. with no problem. I don't want to comment on this forum anymore.

Wow, ok. You stated your complaint and we merely said we don't have the same issues, then you walk away mad.

What was the point of this thread then?

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

I have six Carenado aircraft and they all work very well. I don't have any Flight1 aircraft, as I find them overpriced, but do have one or two of their other software, such as FSDiscover which does not work in FSX Steam, only FSX boxed version.

I agree with some of the other posters here, that there may be something wrong with your computer or settings. Sometimes it is the smallest, silliest thing that could trigger a crash and one setting somewhere could fix it. Have you tried running FSX Steam (it's on 70% discount now) as they have improved FSX a bit?

As far as your decision to run freeware only; yes there are some really nice freeware aircraft out there, but ultimately they cannot compare with the (profit-driven) dedication and attention to detail of payware and you will quickly hanker for more. I actually have many more crashes by freeware aircraft, than payware.

i5-10600K @ 5.0 GHz, Gigabyte Z490M motherboard, RTX 2080 Super 8GB, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p monitor, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Quest 2, Windows 10 64-bit

..So I have decided only to use freeware..

Good call, it makes sense to try out freeware stuff first to see if you like it before splashing out your mazooma..:)

I've only ever bought a couple of planes, the rest (about 40) are freeware and I get on great with them; some don't have a detailed cockpit but that doesn't bother me because I fly in external view most of the time so my main priority is that the plane/heli must look good from the outside.

Sometimes a freeware plane is glitchy but there are often fixes, but if they don't work I simply delete the plane and try another, I do it all the time.

PS- A lot of freeware FS2004 planes/helis work in FSX, so don't forget to give them a try too.

..............Your opinions would be valued.

Keith

or not it seems - sadly a common experience that I have noticed when providing help to this particular member in the past........................

That said Keith, if you are still following this thread here are a few solutions you could check out.....................

WRT to the problem - the problem with the stated products may well lie with some simple solution. For example, and I say this from experience of other products as I don't own any of those highlighted, many products require you to allow/trust certain files. If you have misread the popup message you may have inadvertently said no and therefore they will not load thus making the product malfunction.

Another common cause is a failure to ensure that you have all of the required library packages, such as Visual C++ Runtime and .Net for example, installed. Whilst FSX and MOST dedicated addons requires C++ 2005 installed to run, some addons may require a later version.

Regards

Brian

Archived