Help with scenery please.

Merlin131313

Hello, I am a recent member who has for many years enjoyed flightsim using Microsoft Pro 2002. What I had most fun with was adding to airports using Lago Scenery Enhancer 2002 which allowed me to place buildings, trees, aircraft...all be it a bit dated...cars etc. Having just up graded my old computer I can no longer run FS 2002 but have successfully loaded and run FS 2004 which I find very smooth and better detail than FS 2002. I miss the ability to 'add' bits to airports and farm type landing strips. I have searched the Internet for a Lago 2004 program but cannot find one and after seeking advice elsewhere, have been told that Lago no longer exist.

I have purchased various add on games: EZ Scenery but that failed to fully load into FS 2004. Ultimate Traffic 2004/2002 I found very complicated so then purchased Traffic 2004 from Just Flight, that at least places aircraft and gives 'movement' at many airports but not the ability to place buildings, trees, people, animals, static aircraft, vehicles and so on.

I am 72 yrs old, love Flightsim as to me it gives the impression/allusion of freedom of movement World Wide! I know that somewhere a program exists with which I can achieve my aim, already You good Folk are building such scenery and posting it here on Flightsim.com, all I have to do is find out how you do it?

Thanks for reading this far.............regards Peter :confused:

Hello,

Check your http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb186/maur2/Image1-3.jpg

Regards.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a/bye.gif

If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare :)

Peter, dunno what Avechelice sent you, but there is a very widely used and well-supported freeware program called Airport Design Editor (ADE) that allows you to do exactly what you say: "... place buildings, trees, people, animals, static aircraft, vehicles and so on.". It requires a bit of a learning curve, but it sounds like you are very motivated to do that :D .

It is also possible that you will be able to import at least some of your existing 2002 scenery additions into ADE and thus use them with 2004. "Your mileage may vary", so don't get too excited yet :D !

Also, there are a number of websites that offer libraries of objects suitable for use with ADE, of various complexities, so you can choose what you want in the never ending battle between frame rate versus detail. MAIW and WOAI are two well known ones.

There is also another, also free, also well supported, program called Model Converter X (MCX) that allows you to do many related things. In this context, that includes the ability to convert a flyable aircraft to a static one (so your static plane(s) can look exactly the same as your flying one); and to rapidly look at the objects (in 3D!) in the above-mentioned libraries. Useful, because some of the object libraries can contain hundreds of objects.

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

I have searched the Internet for a Lago 2004 program but cannot find one and after seeking advice elsewhere, have been told that Lago no longer exist.

Many sceneries and addons won't be found anymore. Even older payware addons. Luckly, and I have no scruples to say that here, some were still available at so called "pirated" sites. Unfortunately it's no more possible for Lago's Scenery Enhancer. But several older sceneries are still requiring this addon, and I still used it for some African animals.

Meanwhile with Flight One's Instant Scenery (of course payware too) you get extremely more objects. Furthermore they are quite easier to place than using FSSE.

Archived