Mesh packages

svpst

Anyone have ideas on which mesh package is better OFX or FMX or FSGnesis Norte America? I guess ORBX seems to be the choice if you have lots of bucks to play with but I don't.

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Anyone have ideas on which mesh package is better OFX or FMX or GSGEnesis NA? I guess ORBX seems to be the choice if you have lots of bucks to play with but I don't.

What do you mean by `better`? IMHO you can't beat free, so FreeMesh X wins, hands down.

If you mean highest resolution, then FS Pilots probably still dominates

If you mean value for money then Toposim is where your money should go (Justin Tyme new mesh venture)

Under no circumstances should you hand money to FS Genesis (they took over Justins' business, and screwed it)

While if you have ORBX sceneries or regions then FS Pilots Vector is the best integrated into the FTX Vector AES tool.

Finally, none of this means a damn if you can 't get good performance - your rig is right on the borderline of useless for high-end mesh.

So your conclusion is simple: FreeMesh X as you have nothing to risk if it brings your system to its knees.

I have several-year-old FSG collection and the resolution is some areas isn't much better than default. Now I have and much prefer FreeMeshX - Awesome (most of the world at 38m), especially at the price they charge (free). I'm not aware of Orbx having any mesh except for what is provided with their detail regions.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Thank you gents appreciate your speedy response. Sitting here in the middle of a hurricane. Gues I'll instal some more MESH. Ta ta.

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Orbx is always 50 percent off on holiday sales so it is only 2 months to holidays!!!

The mesh isn't an ORBX product, and Toposim is still much less.

And even at 50% off, FreeMesh X is STILL 100% cheaper... and the best start to the world of mesh

FMX was downloaded and installed yesterday. Wasn't sure if anyone was using OFX I'd had FMX on before but my Windows 10 crashed a short time ago and I'm just getting everything back on line.

Brian W.

Archived