Make four copies of it to replace...

MRSDAHH.wav

MRSDAHL.wav

MRSDITH.wav

MRSDITL.wav

FS9 is the same.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I saved these replies from a thread about it a while back-

ANNOYING MORSE BLIPS

forum post-I had a problem with getting rid of that morse code sound even with a Piper Cub that had no nav instruments. So I started FSX with the default Cessna 172 with the navigation system turned OFF, then swithched to the Piper Cub and the morse code sound was gone.

-----

reply-Don't turn on any of the audios that have Morse Code sounds like NAV1, NAV2, ADF, or DME.

-----

reply-It sounds like (no pun!) you have accidentally tripped the independent DME ident on one of your nav receivers. This feature does not occur on every plane but it is annoying. DME ident is seldom used, but notice that there are DME only navaids in certain places, so they need their own ident that your VOR receivers won't pick up.

Try using CNTR+4 QUICKLY (otherwise it may trip on again). Strangely, like a few other commands, this is not in the OPTIONS\CONTROLS\BUTTONS and KEYS menu feature in FSX - not sure about FS9.

There are customization choices for key assignments for:

adf #1 or 2 ident ON/OFF

VOR #1 or #2 ident ON/OFF

You can assign key strokes to them if you want to.

I assume you do have a radio setup that has an audio panel or individual ID buttons on any VOR/ADF control head.

Yes, ILS receivers have independent frequencies and IDs for different runways -however, other airports - an appropriate distance away - can have the same frequency (but not necessarily the same ID) on one of their ILSs.

You can find the ILS frequency in MAP view, zooming in on the ILS "fan" course figure, click on it and a window will pop up which shows the Runway, frequency and ILS course along with the ILS morse code identifier (four characters instead of three).

ICAO is International Civil Aviation organization. It is a standards consensus group on how to standardize all kinds of stuff, from aircraft design, airways structure, nomenclature and tons of other stuff.

--------

reply-Each identifier is, indeed, unique. The purpose of that morse code is to identify which station you're listening to. The identifier is shown on the charts for each station, in a little box that contains the 2 or 3 letters spelled out in dots and dashes, along with the actual letters of the ident (OAK for Oakland VOR, along with --- .- -.- for example), frequency, the name of the facility, and TACAN channel, if any. There is sometimes other data, too.

In the U.S. it's the FAA ID, not ICAO, most of which were assigned long before the ICAO ID was used in the U.S. I can't speak for how other countries do it, but I suspect it's similar.

When I download a vintage aircraft its radio configuration may look like this...

[Radios]

// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope

Audio.1 = 1

Com.1 = 1, 1

Nav.1 = 0, 0, 0

Adf.1 = 0

I'll make it look like this...

[Radios]

// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope

Audio.1 = 1

Com.1 = 1, 1

Nav.1 = 1, 0, 0

Nav.2 = 1, 0, 0

Adf.1 = 1

Transponder.1 = 1

Marker.1 = 0

The aircraft itself will have NO radio,

but the full function mini panel I use with ALL aircraft does

But it has no way to turn off audio.

So I would have to install a radio in a vintage plane which I usually would not want to do, or I'm stuck with Morse code

There are ways to manipulate panel.cfg files to stop Morse code.

But I would just rather get rid of it altogether

Hi Allen

How about in your default flight just shutting off all of the audio buttons except for Comm1 and then re-saving this configuration as the new default flight? After that, you should hear no Morse Code at all.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived