CLS 3 Airbus pack

Mowgli22

Hi; I would like anyone who owns this package to let me know if both wing landing lights on the A310 mode illuminate. On mine only the starboard side illuminates. Much conversation with CLS support has not resolved the issue. Thanks
Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

Are the landing lights for this aircraft listed in the [lights] section of the aircraft.cfg? Did you add any payware Shockwave lights to this aircraft?

Hi; yes the landing lights are listed, no do not have shockwave. The landing lights are under the wings where they should be, just the starboard one illuminates however.

Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

Hi; yes the landing lights are listed, no do not have shockwave. The landing lights are under the wings where they should be, just the starboard one illuminates however.

OK, can you post the [lights] section of the aircraft.cfg? There should be 2 lines, one for each landing light.

Just a dumb question......is there more than 1 landing light switch in the cockpit?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

OK, can you post the [lights] section of the aircraft.cfg? There should be 2 lines, one for each landing light.

Just a dumb question......is there more than 1 landing light switch in the cockpit?

Hi; Here is the light section:

[LIGHTS]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.1 = 1, -22.00, 0.00, -7.75, fx_beaconb ,

light.2 = 1, 11.00, 0.00, 11.00, fx_beaconh ,

light.3 = 3, -85.00, 0.00, 8.00, fx_navwhih ,

light.4 = 2, -85.00, 0.00, 8.00, fx_strobeh ,

light.5 = 4, 59.75, 0.00, 6.90, fx_vclighth ,

Just one landing light switch, Thanks

Hi; Here is the light section:

[LIGHTS]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.1 = 1, -22.00, 0.00, -7.75, fx_beaconb ,

light.2 = 1, 11.00, 0.00, 11.00, fx_beaconh ,

light.3 = 3, -85.00, 0.00, 8.00, fx_navwhih ,

light.4 = 2, -85.00, 0.00, 8.00, fx_strobeh ,

light.5 = 4, 59.75, 0.00, 6.90, fx_vclighth ,

Just one landing light switch, Thanks

OK, kind of like I suspected. The numbers I labeled in red indicate the type of light. There are no #5 for any of the lights, so that would mean the landing lights are part of the model and are controlled within. Your best bet is to contact CLS (even though it looks like you have) and see what they have to say about it. Does CLS have a forum to ask questions in? Have they released any patches for a fix?

Hey Mr. Zippy; Thanks for the info. Have been in dicussion with Albert at CLS for over a week. He has tried numerous things none have worked. Thanks for giving it a shot, appreciate it. Regards, David

Hey Mr. Zippy; Thanks for the info. Have been in dicussion with Albert at CLS for over a week. He has tried numerous things none have worked. Thanks for giving it a shot, appreciate it. Regards, David

Not a problem! Always glad to try and help:D I did notice some other threads while Google searching stating that for some CLS aircraft with landing light problems, they recommended doing some fancy hex editing of the model file. Doesn't sound like fun to me!

If I were the OP, I would check the Terms Of Use before going to a hex editor. If this is a payware title, you could easily be violating those terms and giving the company a great excuse to say, "Sorry but you violated those terms and our support is now done".

Besides, if they are selling software its in their area of responsibility to make sure the software works as advertised. If you fix their error, there is no reason for the company to look at its quality control and possibly make it better. :)

I'm not being harsh against payware, there are freeware titles out there with tight Terms Of Use statements as well. If you're going to hang a shingle over your door saying you're a certified plumber for hire, you better own more tools than just a hammer. :)

Hi; I notified CLS that I appreciated there help in trying to resolve the issue. Found an old post on their website from 2009 with similar issues. Purchased the product from Simmarket, they do not offer refunds on downloaded merchandise. A good lesson to do more research before purchasing. No intention on trying any other options.

Archived