How to get my GA AI back?

angvan

Hi, I'm new to FS. I've purchased an AI traffic package and removed the traffic.bgl so my default jets are gone. I've lost my default GA too. How can I just get back my default GA? Thanks

One would guess that adding back the traffic.bgl might accomplish that, but then you would have the default jets back! This purchased AI pack doesn't include any GA AI at all? I got plenty for my Sim using WOAI which is freeware AND it virtually eliminated all default aircraft from becoming AI.

It may be time to ask the folks from whom you purchased this package.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

This purchased AI pack doesn't include any GA AI at all?

No I'm using Just Flight Traffic 2005 and it only has jets. I would like to have my default GA back without restoring my default jets obviously. Not sure if this is possible?

Taking care of business

In FS2004 all AI traffic is in one .bgl file. You could decompile the file, remove the jet traffic, and then recompile or use a bunch of freeware GA files such as from WOAI or in the library here.
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

There are several GA AI traffic packages available using default aircraft. Some of these packages avoid having traffic at larger airports. Some other create traffic with legs within twenty-four hours. Default GA flights with one way legs of eight or even twelve hours are stupid anyway.

[TABLE=width: 100%, align: center][TR=bgcolor: #EFEFEF][TD]FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 AI Flight PlansFS2004 AI Flight Plans - World GA Traffic

[ Download | View ]

Name: worldga.zip

Size: 50,376,559 Date: 07-23-2004 Downloads: 5,196

FS2004 AI Flight Plans - World GA Traffic. These AI flight plan files have been created as a replacement to (not an addition to) the default Microsoft FS2004 GA flight plans. If you already use proper AI flight plans for commercial traffic, this is ideal for you. The default flight plans, as many know, are far from realistic as traffic just flies back and forth between two airports at regular intervals throughout each 24-hour day. These replacement plans are far more realistic in that a) aircraft keep flying to different airports throughout the day, returning home in the evening; b) each aircraft flies to different destinations on different days of the week; c) evening flights are substantially reduced; d) night flights are minimal; e) appropriate country-based tail numbers are used. The flights comprise a total of 25389 aircraft, flying to 5520 different airfields. There are no circuits or touch and Go Flights to hamper your landing. They use only the MS default aircraft and fly to and from the default GA airports in FS2004. By John Hinson.

[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD][/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Cant remember the filenames, but there are a couple of packages in the library here that will restore the default GA without bringing the other stuff back. Try a search on default GA traffic in the file library.

As mentioned above, I'm using GA Traffic by Markus Brunner. Great AI utility for GA!

Mark Daniels

Archived