Carendo 208B Grand Caravan GPS Question

claw106

Hi,

I do believe this is standard in all stock aircraft, but my question is for the 208B Carendo.

In the GPS, I have 3 options:

• Activate Vectors-To-Final
  • Activate Approach
  • Select Approach

I was wondering what these three do,

especially when going from Yankee Bravo Charlie Golf (YBCG) to Yankee Bravo Bravo November (YBBN)

This flight path is generally only around a 30 minute flight, and I often use it to practice ILS/VFR landings.

My questions are:

1. What do the options do?
  2. When should I activate them all?
  3. How do I get the information like the ILS Frequency, Heading etc on the GPS?
  4. Is it possible to have a standard terrain view like you can with default aircraft?

Thanks!

Hi,

I do believe this is standard in all stock aircraft, but my question is for the 208B Carendo.

In the GPS, I have 3 options:

• Activate Vectors-To-Final
  • Activate Approach
  • Select Approach

I was wondering what these three do,

especially when going from Yankee Bravo Charlie Golf (YBCG) to Yankee Bravo Bravo November (YBBN)

This flight path is generally only around a 30 minute flight, and I often use it to practice ILS/VFR landings.

My questions are:

1. What do the options do?
  2. When should I activate them all?
  3. How do I get the information like the ILS Frequency, Heading etc on the GPS?
  4. Is it possible to have a standard terrain view like you can with default aircraft?

Thanks!

Select approach: allows you to "pre-load" an approach. Select it, but not fly it yet. This can be done as early in the flight as you'd like. It builds the waypoint sequence but doesn't fly to them.

Activate approach: begins flying the selected approach. If you are on NAV on autopilot the plane will steer to the first waypoint in the approach. You don't want to do this until you are ready to fly the approach. If you are on an airway you will immediately depart it and head for the approach.

Activate vectors to final: similar to activate approach. But instead of flying a published approach you will just have a straight line extending out from the runway. You just "vector" your way to that line and fly it in. Again, don't select this mode until you are ready to fly the approach as you will lose the reminder of your flight plan when you select this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived