Cutaway Planes

zswobbie1

A few years ago, I got a 'cutaway' Hurricane off a PC Pilot CD.

It was more or less transparent.

It was made by Charles Kirk, & I think he did a few more cutaway's .

Does anyone remember, or know of other cutaway or tranparant planes?

Cheers,

Robin

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

I can't think of any quite like the cutaway Hurricane, but you can make any aircraft transparent in FS9, by editing the textures like this:

For the Alpha Channel to be interpreted as reflection your texture needs to have a _t.bmp ending -- say, wings_t.bmp. If the _t is missing the alpha channel is used for transparency gradation.

So, just remove the _t from the texture filenames and your aircraft becomes transparent.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The cutaway, or X-Ray Hurricane was great, as the covering was transparent, & you could see all the spars etc. under the 'covers'.

So, I'm looking for a transparent covered plane, where you can see tha actual inner construction. There is a Caproni jet that I have found that is similar, & I did read that the developer, Charles Kirk, had done a few more, but I cannot find them anywhere.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Archived