FSX shuts off my keyboard when im flying! VERY RECENT PLEASE HELP

FSXmarc

Whilst I'm glad that the OP has got the issue resolved, I have, based on the stated characteristics of the problem, my doubts about the BIOS/Firmware update actually being the 'fix'.

I have now flown 3 flights without issues. However for the caps lock I had discovered there was a key command conflicting so I had deleted that key command and the issue for the caps locks now work.

Again if this was really a hardware issue it would affect my other games and would fail completely, it wouldn't be isolated only to FSX so the main issue had to be with the game itself.

My BIOS was severely outdated so updating it was part of the solution.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys I have very bad news...

The problem has come up again and now the keyboard fails within 10 minutes now.

I don't know whats going on I updated everything including the BIOS, tested all the hardware and it showed up as working, what the crap is going on?

Is there a command prompt command to initiate a more detailed hardware scan to make sure no components had failed?

I really need help AGAIN, if this is a hardware issue that is going to be a big problem since a repair shop is very far from where I live and since im back in school I won't have much time!

However I have done some research and it seems that the update may have installed a program called Lenovo Airbag that may conflict with the controller. Ill try and see if I can disable that program so that way it wont interfere with the controller?

Also could be a power issue maybe the EC embedded controller is not getting enough power? I know theres something wrong with the ACPI on the laptop

Im running memory diagnostic tests as we speak just to be sure, and ive already cleaned & defragged the disk

H E L P

Are you sure it's not the caps lock assignment / using caps lock / nun lock / scroll lock thing?

You said mouse still works during freeze. Is that the mouse pad? That often keeps working through when the normal mouse does nothing. Normal mouse is therefore better indication.

Connect a (wireless) keyboard & mouse. Use that. You may get no freeze, or if it does freeze you can see if those two both freeze.

If they both do, wait and see if fsx continues again.

What are the specs of your computer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lenovo Y700

4x Intel i7k 2.6ghx w/ hyperthreading and virtualization

8GB of RAM

Nvida GTX960M with 4GB of VRAM

Windows 10 64-bit

Is it very possible that the update changed settings for the power options, maybe the EC controller is being put to sleep by the computer via sleep. There is an option I believe to turn it off but im not sure. There are 3 plans high performance, balanced, and energy saver what do you guys use for the power plan?

The caps lock has nothing to do with it I just found out about a couple days ago it was due to a key assignment in FSX that conflicted with it but it can be easily remedied by simply changing the key assignments.

Still, the caps lock ke could somehow be assigned wrong again. Just don't use it for a while.

Caps lock sets all keys to Capital letters. That may have an effect on use and functioning of keyboard. Best avoid. (at least for now during testing.)

a=a

shift a=A

caps a=A (but different)

shift caps a=a (but different)

and what processor. not just speed, but model.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...........Also could be a power issue maybe the EC embedded controller is not getting enough power? I know theres something wrong with the ACPI on the laptop..........

Did you try to reset the EC using the info I posted at the end of my long post at #35.

If you check Event Viewer at the time of the freeze - open it before you start FSX and leave it open and running in the background in window mode ie not minimised, that way you should be able to access it - and see what events have been recorded at the time of the crash on ALL logs under the Windows Logs section.

WRT to the keyboard issue - is it the same as before (only affecting FSX) or does it now fail when using other programs? IF only FSX does it only happen when using the Aerosoft A321?

WRT the ACPI issue - if this has only started since the BIOS/Firmware update then it may simply be due to a driver problem. Use device Manager to ascertain which ACPI device has the issue. Right click on it and select properties to view the info about it. You try either updating the driver or, if the option is available, rolling back the driver.

Regards

Brian

..When I fly usually the first couple hours are good but then after a while the keyboard just shuts off and there is no way for me to turn it on again..

Just an idea but click on the screen to see if that resurrects it.

You have to do that when switching between new open windows to "tell" the comp which window you want to use, so maybe that's a clue.

Freezes would be to be expected. Your processor is a bit slow.

See system requirements for aerosoft a321:

System requirements:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack, Gold Edition or Steam Edition) or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D (v2 or v3)

Windows VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8 (all fully updated) (64 bit version highly recommended)

3.0 GHz processor (Dual Core processor or equivalent system recommended)

2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)

Mouse with mouse wheel (please note the controller and mouse with mouse wheel are absolutely needed)

3D Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB (2 GB recommended)

Control unit (joystick) with throttle and rudder control

Download-Size: 1 GB

Installations-Size: 2.5 GB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Freezes would be to be expected. Your processor is a bit slow.

See system requirements for aerosoft a321:

System requirements:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack, Gold Edition or Steam Edition) or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D (v2 or v3)

Windows VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8 (all fully updated) (64 bit version highly recommended)

3.0 GHz processor (Dual Core processor or equivalent system recommended)

2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)

Mouse with mouse wheel (please note the controller and mouse with mouse wheel are absolutely needed)

3D Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB (2 GB recommended)

Control unit (joystick) with throttle and rudder control

Download-Size: 1 GB

Installations-Size: 2.5 GB

I can actually run the A321 with mostly maxed out settings and I still get around 25-30 FPS though it does lag a bit with big cities but it does that with all aircraft, what power plan do you use or is the best for FSX Balanced, energy saver, or high performance?

Archived