POSKY 777-200LR Plane Bouncing when fuel load reduced

Thaliabobalia

Zippy,

What's the file name for that Hawaiian 777. I could not find it. Just curious what the cnt pts look like.

I find that since the re painters are allowed to upload the whole airplane that they (for SOME stupid reason) figure they 'should' (or can) make changes to aircraft cfg and air file - to 'improve' it (???). ALL the similar models should have the SAME xml files and thus the same cfg and air file configuration (but they don't). Just saying. No sweat off my you-know-whats as I don't fly them anyway (ha) but it's exasperating to see them making changes. Don't make any sense. If it ain't broke.... . And as IL said - save a copy of the original cfg - cheap insurance. I landed the 777 at 160 kts and didn't get any smoke. And it's the right wheels that are 'suspect' and puff smoke on taxi turns. Will have to look at the xml files. But it could be load in-balance due to model? Happens, you know.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Zippy,

What's the file name for that Hawaiian 777. I could not find it. Just curious what the cnt pts look like.

Go to the link in post# 9 and the Hawaiian is the first download.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I suggest save your current file off.

Suggest filename: aircraft -1- 300 with 200 points.cfg

then in the aircraft.cfg that fsx reads delete the 200 points. (delete 0-13).

And put Chucks points in instead.

The

//'explanation of point' lines

can be put in too. They start with // and fsx won't read them.

Chuck knows his contact points, and I think with those the plane will handle better.

You can always simply in back by swapping out the aircraft.cfg with the saved file.

I inserted Chucks contact points and the plane started to shake violently. I reverted back to the contact points that were included with the Hawaiian 777 download. All is working well!

Thanks to everyone for helping me out with this issue!

Kevin

Make sure that all the '*.xml' files are where they belong. Any changes (panel, etc) and you are very likely going to have problems. It's not the gear causing smoke, and tilting over on right side, etc. It's the effects (smoke). But without the '*.xml' files your airplane is not going to 'fly'. My mods to cnt pts COULD NOT cause it to shake violently. You must be making changes to cfg (fuel, balance, engines?) or air file and using a different panel.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

The Hawaiian cfg has both the 3 wheel cnt pts (used by default) and the 'all wheels' cnt pts ('real'). My mods were for the 'all wheels' cnt pts. You then reverted to the 3 wheel cnt pts? This is what I would do if I was going to use another panel as the '*.xml' are in a folder under 'panel.B777'. If you copy the folder 'Posky777' into your new panel it might work (did not try) and the 'all wheels' cnt pts would work properly (ie: not shake). So, you NEED the '*.xml' files to be present for (any) Posky jet to work properly. No exceptions.

Chuck B

Napamule

Above chuck's points it says [contact points]

[contact points] is also in the original .cfg file.

If you have it in there twice, the first one has no points. And only that one is used.

[contact points]

[contact points]

point.1

Plane with no points, sinks in ground, crash. Crash detect is off, plane pops up, sinks again. And repeat.

Take one of the lines out.

[contact points]

Btw Chuck, I find the tight turns are not easy. I tried to fix but that wasn't easy either.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Turning is best accomplished by using differential braking, since nobody I know uses throttle control meathod to make turns. So you must use the rudder while braking to more effectively make turns (at under 20 kts of course) PLUS you MUST add some power, while in the turn, as the braking will make you loose momentum and it will ruin your turns. Braking and throttle plus rudder. 1, 2, 3. And if the line is not in the (brakes) section add it. IE: 'differential_braking_scale=1.000'. And the best 'ratio' is: brakes=2.500 and differential braking=1.000 because it's a heavy airplane. You NEED the extra braking and not so much differential braking. Taxi around and practice a bit to 'catch on'.

I hope the OP saw my post and edit as I made an error and listed 'point.6, point.7, point.6, point.7' where is should of been consecutive (6, 7, 8, 9) numbers. THAT would probably make is shake but don't know. And like I said: comment out ALL the section lines of the entire section you are not using or it will lead to problems. Neatness counts.

Chuck B

Napamule

Chuck B

Napamule

Archived