Saab 340 Problems

Hi there,

I have a couple of problems with the freeware Saab 340 by Brett Henderson.

I have no problems actually flying it, however, I have a couple of problems on the ground. Firstly, I find that while taxiing, the turns are far too wide and I can't stay on the taxiway.

Secondly, during the takeoff roll, the plane drifts towards the right, even with 0 wind, and all controls centred.

I have not heard of anyone else having these problems with this aircraft.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Did you read all of the READMEs that came with the aircraft, especially about cargo loading and the way it affects handling? I flew this one a year or two ago and will retry it. While taxiing, do you have the conditioning levers down to slow idle? Most prop driven aircraft have a tendency to pull one way or the other. Maybe a little rudder trim will help on those takeoffs.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

In the aircraft.cfg under [contact points] change the steering angle. Make the number bigger and keep it way under 90.00 try something like 75.00

point.0=1, 21.89, 0.00, -5.710, 1181, 0, 1.068, 36.9, 0.341, 2.35, 0.8516, 6.8, 6.8, 0, 180.0, 210.0

The red number is the steering angle.

I'm still looking for a solution for the plane drifting to the right on the takeoff roll. :)

I just tried a takeoff with this aircraft. It all seems normal. You need to compensate for any drift left or right with the rudder. Are you using a joystick with twist rudder control? Are you using autorudder? Rudder pedals would help in this situation, if practical.

I have just had a very strange problem with this aircraft.

I had just arrived at Wagga Wagga from Sydney without any problems. I refuelled, same fuel and payload, to head back to Sydney, however, after takeoff, I found I could not maintain altitude. Even with ALT HOLD on, I would get to about 1800ft, and the aircraft would start descending quite rapidly.

I am not sure what, if anything, I have done that would cause this unusual behaviour.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived