invalid scenery.cfg, P3D is dead.

alexzar14

Fixing the scenery.cfg is easy. You will find it in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3"

Open it with notepad, look at the entries, they are a few simple lines of text for each library area. Check for obvious defects in the file structure, entries that look different to the others. If unsure, post the "strange" parts here.

I tried many backed up .cfgs, all of them don't work. I guess that's it...

Scary it is, computer freezes when working with the scenery library = reinstall.

video card with the drivers may be another horror, I can't install the latest driver, 1070 automatically installs 368.39.

I tried many backed up .cfgs, all of them don't work. I guess that's it...

Scary it is, computer freezes when working with the scenery library = reinstall.

video card with the drivers may be another horror, I can't install the latest driver, 1070 automatically installs 368.39.

It is totally unnecessary to fix the issue with a reinstall - it's like buying a new car because the tyres in the old one have lost some air.

Just install a NEW driver over the old. Be sure to select the CLEAN INSTALL option. If it changes back to the other - google how to disable hardware updates in windows update. I would also turn OFF automatic updates myself and do it manually.

From your other posts, it appears that you have screwed something up - just take it step by step and you should be good to go.

Re the scenery issue - delete the sceneryindex file located at c:\programdata\lockheedmartin\prepar3d v3 and let p3d rebuild.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Thanks. We have reinstalled and are now fine, but this should be pinned on top for future reference. If not the whole thread, at least the relevant procedure related comments.

What's with the `we`..? Are you royalty - or just schizophrenic?:confused:

The reason it needs no sticky is that the peculiar circumstances that lead to your latest catastrophe are unlikely to be repeated in any sane lifetime. This is supposed to be a product for professional users - or at the very least academics under supervision by elders and betters.

For that reason we would never want your `solution` to be held as an example to others. Best it gets lost in the mists of time,

Searchable - but forgotten.

Also a professional must "be of good moral character" and "mature conduct" ; ) Otherwise thanks for the relevant reinstall advise.

Never read that, and clearly nor had any of my professors, technical consultants, authors, advisors, trainers or senior officers. And DO try telling a Sergeant Major or Master Sergeant that they should be pleasant while they're professionally teaching you how to stay alive.

Archived