How do I stop FSX from crashing?

You mean the causes for running out of memory? Google "FSX OOM".

Basically just "too much". Too many, too complex things in the simulator, too much scenery, too much autogen, scenery complexity, complex gauges, high resolution textures, switching between views, AI traffic, LOD distance too high (the list goes on). It is very easy to make your sim run out of memory.

I have downloaded the uiautomationcore.dll again from a different site and it has seemed to have fixed FSX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have downloaded the uiautomationcore.dll again from a different site and it has seemed to have fixed FSX

There you go. There are any number of different versions of the same DLLs, AFAIK you just need the right one (compiled for the correct runtime that FSX "likes").

This might have been the root cause for the FSUIPC crash as well, but that is just speculation.

As for your question, there are thousands of reasons why FSX (or any other piece of software) can crash. In case of FSX, at least as many as there are addons, plus different Windows versions, different Windows update states, different FSX versions, multiplied with a myriad of different hardware and driver setups. IMHO, by asking someone, you will only find a solution by accident. What you need is a sound strategy for troubleshooting - and patience.

There you go. There are any number of different versions of the same DLLs, AFAIK you just need the right one (compiled for the correct runtime that FSX "likes").

This might have been the root cause for the FSUIPC crash as well, but that is just speculation.

As for your question, there are thousands of reasons why FSX (or any other piece of software) can crash. At least as many as there are addons, plus different Windows versions, different Windows update states, multiplied with a myriad of different hardware and driver setups. IMHO, by asking someone, you will only find a solution by accident. What you need is a sound strategy for troubleshooting - and patience.

Thank you very much for your help and support

As for your question, there are thousands of reasons why FSX (or any other piece of software) can crash. In case of FSX, at least as many as there are addons, plus different Windows versions, different Windows update states, different FSX versions, multiplied with a myriad of different hardware and driver setups. IMHO, by asking someone, you will only find a solution by accident. What you need is a sound strategy for troubleshooting - and patience.

The problem is back[emoji20]

It was the uiautomationcore again

And you have used both recommended versions? And you have place it into your Main FSX folder? And just to be sure...you're not messing with anything in your computer's SYSTEM folder? I was looking at your post# 18.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

And you have used both recommended versions? And you have place it into your Main FSX folder? And just to be sure...you're not messing with anything in your computer's SYSTEM folder?

Yeah it's in the Main folder and I'm not messing with anything in the system folder, I downloaded the Uiautomationcore from another site and it temporarily fixed the problem and I was able to fly a 4 hour flight from Manchester to Madeira, but as I prepared to fly back to Manchester my sim crashed.

Sorry I have to leave soon so I didn't read through the entire thread, but possible issues include:

FSX not installed outside of system directory (C:\Program Files)

Not enough RAM on your computer

Addons can sometimes interfere with the sim and/or other addons

Sometimes random, but persistent crashes can be caused by corrupt files, running too many other programs, ... the list goes on. Plus, FSX is more than 10 years old by now and the platform has many, many known issues that, quite honestly, are never going to be fixed unless Microsoft miraculously steps in and fixes them themselves (which isn't going to happen).

So I'm going to be one of *those* guys, but at this point I don't care - grab yourself P3D and see how it goes. They have a 60-day refund policy so I say there's no harm in giving it a go. The platform is in active development and it fixes almost all stability issues as well as graphical improvements. (Last year I did a 4-hour group flight with my friends - I ran P3D, they ran FSX. I did the entire flight without a glitch. Their sims crashed at least 3 times each.)

http://i.imgur.com/iMDlMAv.jpg

TseTse i5-9600K @ 3.7~4.5GHz | RTX2060 Super 8GB | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1TB Samsung 840EVO | Z390 Chipset | Windows 10 x64

Maybe confirm it isn't your system itself?

First, run CCleaner to clean out any junk that may have accumulated.

Second, run a virus checker (like MalWareBytes) to make sure your system is ok. It probably is, but....

Third, run a system stress tester (like OCCT) to confirm it isnt overheating, memory isnt faulting, etc.

(4/16/19) ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop. I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, FSX:SE, Oculus rift, Windows 10

(Built 03/08): GA-EP35C-DS3R, Q6600 (oc=3.4Ghz), 8GB (4x2) DDR2 1066, Corsair 850W, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro; FSX Gold+Accel+REX+UTXUSA+UTXTAC+MegaSc MN

This was posted by Jordan King Originally. This man knows FlightSims

Terrain.dll Error fix.

So I have been troubleshooting this with a friend and we believe we found the solution. To start, this is typically a problem when settings are turned up too high and we have never had to deal with this on old FSX because it would OOM before it even got this far. The .dll's that need to load are being bottlenecked by your pc likely not having its other cores utilized. I had this problem non-stop and fixed it by doing the following.

Start by deleting your fsx.cfg and then start the game. When it starts, exit, go back to your .cfg and enter this line at the top.

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=14

Save and try again. It will allow the bottleneck to be removed and your system should run just fine.

This was posted by Jordan King Originally. This man knows FlightSims

Terrain.dll Error fix.

So I have been troubleshooting this with a friend and we believe we found the solution. To start, this is typically a problem when settings are turned up too high and we have never had to deal with this on old FSX because it would OOM before it even got this far. The .dll's that need to load are being bottlenecked by your pc likely not having its other cores utilized. I had this problem non-stop and fixed it by doing the following.

Start by deleting your fsx.cfg and then start the game. When it starts, exit, go back to your .cfg and enter this line at the top.

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=14

Save and try again. It will allow the bottleneck to be removed and your system should run just fine.

Didn't work unfortunately. it quite literally happened overnight I didn't install any Add ons or change any settings and the next morning woke up to an unpleasant surprise.

Here's why FSX is crashing http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160812/d37d01f1c727c0b06005b61cf3e15c2b.jpg

based on my VERY limited knowledge of this stuff, this really sounds like a hardware problem; overheating or a bad memory module. there are freebie programs that'll test your on-board memory. be patient, the test takes some time. i was having a similar problem (unexplained crashes with varying causes) with different software and the culprit was a bad memory module.

Archived