FSX radios

jefferysitz

I know I ask a lot of questions, I have played 4 versions of FS before this and know my way around but sometimes p3d is just less compatible with earlier versions than the older ones I am used to.

I have notice a number of downloaded FSX plane's radios will not work in p3d. Is there a fix for this in the config files or just give up on FSX planes?

It's on a plane by plane basis. Some work and some do not. Best to ask the developer if the product s compatible or if there is a workaround. There is no general answer.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

I have even had one P3D freeware, the Gloster Meteor, have no radio and the gauges not work. It seems unlikely that every single plane is flawed. The only planes I have gotten to work were the ones that came with P3D and 2 payware, both P3D, from Carenado and Flysimware. Unfortunately, there are not enough P3D freewares to judge if it is a problem with me or with the planes.

I just needed to know if other people can generally use freeware FSX aircraft.

Something else is going on unless you are just picking the wrong a/c. 2.3 or 2.4 won't make a difference.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

I would think as long as it's a FSX native aircraft then it will work in P3D. A lot of planes have been converted from FS9 to FSX and they are not considered native!

Not so. It is, as Vic has already explained, to be assessed on a plane-by-plane basis.

Not so. It is, as Vic has already explained, to be assessed on a plane-by-plane basis.

I do believe the point DG was trying to make is that not all aircraft used in FSX are actually FSX models. Many of them are "ports" from FS9 models...

...and those will definitely NOT work in P3Dv2.x at all. Period. :pilot:

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Probably has more to do with the individual aircraft.cfg then anything else.

[Radios]

// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope

Audio.1=1

Com.1=1, 1

Com.2=1, 1

Nav.1=1, 1, 1

Nav.2=1, 1, 0

Adf.1=1

Transponder.1=1

Marker.1=1

CPU: I7 4790K @ 4.5 ghz, GPU and CPU water cooled

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970

MEM: Gskill Rippjaw 1866 17900

MB: Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z97X

Happy to say my radio problems are fixed. So far every FSX native craft I have played worked. I can't remember who brought it up, but it was the battery. Apparently, you can have enough battery power to start, and run, the engines but not have the power for the radios. Until I get a paid version of USIPC I will just will not be able to have my default start cold and dark.

I have had to work on some of the panels to get them to work because they are using some old FS9 radio, but that can easily be remedied by grabbing the handheld radio out of the cub.

I have had to work on some of the panels to get them to work because they are using some old FS9 radio, but that can easily be remedied by grabbing the handheld radio out of the cub.

Wow. How do you do that? I have not flown the Cub. Are you saying you can move the hand held from the Cub to another plane?

Yes, just copy the window section with the radio out of panel.cfg, put it in the new panel.cfg under an unused window number. Hit shift and the number keys will pull up all your windowed gauges.

You should copy the radio gauge out of the cub folder and put it in the receiving plane's panel folder as well.

Archived