Manfred Jahn's C-47 V.3 Beta released at Simouthouse

mrzippy

Hi,

Regarding the black area: I inquired at SOH and the responses implied that this was intentional and not a missing texture.

Now, I fooled around with the paratrooper version and never see any red or green lights. I see the lettering referring to the lights and what remains of the lettering that was in the regular version. Also, after the paratroopers exited all I saw were those black boxes. I downloaded the supposive fix for this without any change. I only see a reference to fx_C47Parajump in the smoke section of aircraft.cfg. I downloaded the plane again and no change after installation. Any ideas?

Jim F.

Hi,

Regarding the black area: I inquired at SOH and the responses implied that this was intentional and not a missing texture.

Now, I fooled around with the paratrooper version and never see any red or green lights. I see the lettering referring to the lights and what remains of the lettering that was in the regular version. Also, after the paratroopers exited all I saw were those black boxes. I downloaded the supposive fix for this without any change. I only see a reference to fx_C47Parajump in the smoke section of aircraft.cfg. I downloaded the plane again and no change after installation. Any ideas?

Jim F.

Where exactly do think the red and green lights should be? I would think over the paratrooper door in the cargo area. Has this area been done on the Beta release model or is it still a work in progress?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I was guessing that they were those two lights next to the switches. They never go on in either plane.

I would guess that in the final model there would be a sign in the paratrooper area that would glow red at takeoff until the jump area is reached and then change to green for the "Go" signal.

This is my crude rendition with all doors open!

Jump sign.JPG

• 7 months later...

Hi.

First of all , this C-47V3.1405 aircraft is superb , but I am having problems with this aircraft since the hotfix was installed.

Me and at least 2 others of the 91st bombgroup have had the same problem ,for no apparent reason the nav needles stop working and go to park position , this happens when we are in range of the NDB/VOR , all switches in flight deck are on , the TEMP fix we found works is go to fsx/p3d aircraft tag at top of screen and reselect the aircraft , this then shows the avionic/inverter switches are off re selecting these then reactivates the NDB/VOR needles , recycling the inverter/avionic switchs alone will not reactivate the needles . this has only happened since the hotfix .

regards alan.

Hi.

For some reason i cannot post there , i have tried , best i could do was send a private mesage , to the person who posted the hotfix , and post here as a heads up temp solution , if it happens to others .

regards alan.

• 5 weeks later...
Is there a 2-D panel for this plane? I can't seem to get one to show up, and I'm still new to the whole FSX thing, so I'm not sure if I did something in the install or if it just isn't there. I'd like to find a working one. Thanks.

Is there a 2-D panel for this plane? I can't seem to get one to show up, and I'm still new to the whole FSX thing, so I'm not sure if I did something in the install or if it just isn't there. I'd like to find a working one. Thanks.

No 2D panel. VC only!

• 6 months later...
Anyone know how to make the paratroopers drop (and open the drop door)?

I read the manual but nothing in manual about paradrops.

Shift+e+4 to open the door. Press the i key to release paratroopers.

REAL men don't read the instructions!

We know everything to begin with, and don' need no steenkin' instruction books!

Just ask our wives, they'll tell ya. Real men don't need instruction books, and never, ever get lost in a car. Even if we do, we don't need to ask directions, we just figger out whar we be and go from there :D :D

It's a guy thang :cool:

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hi,

I haven't rechecked but I think the "I" key only releases one paratrooper. No audio.

Jim F.

I think several are released. Does the intercom switch on the pilot's left side need to be on to hear the audio?

Hi zip,

You're making me think about actually flying again! Maybe later. I think the intercom has to be on for any audio and I seem to remember that if you use the smoke key one will jump but then you can't release the others. And, Pat, real men don't even know what "RTFM" means!

Jim

Hi zip,

You're making me think about actually flying again! Maybe later. I think the intercom has to be on for any audio and I seem to remember that if you use the smoke key one will jump but then you can't release the others. And, Pat, real men don't even know what "RTFM" means!

Jim

Thought so! You can release paratroopers many times. You just have to wait a little while in between releases. Reading through the instructions it stated only one release then you have to land before any more.

Ok, time to watch the Niners get their asses handed to 'em!

Archived