3 Comparison Views of Weather

HardCub

Just thought I would share some pictures showing the possible display differences in the FS9 weather between using the default weather engine and (2) payware weather engine products available for the FS2004 simulator. Note that I have REXFS2004 textures (payware) loaded into my texture folders for Clouds, and also Skies. Nothing else I've tried works as well for me as the REX textures (my opinion only).

Each picture is same date/time/location.

Each picture uses the exact same REX FS2004 Cloud & Sky textures (including the default picture)

Microsoft Default Weather engine

(real-time weather data)

tn_fsscr012.jpg

FS Global Real Weather

(real-time weather data)

tn_fsscr013.jpg

Active-Sky-Evolution (ASE)

(real-time weather data)

tn_fsscr015.jpg

Quite a few differences between the products. Hmm... :rolleyes::D

Have fun - Keep the Blue Skies UP!!! :pilot: ~Glenn

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

:cool: Thanks guys!

I prefer Active Sky products for the best 'visual' comparisons to the real world weather. However, I must admit that some of the weather modeling of the FSGlobal RealWX engine is extremely convincing from a 'dynamics' point of view. The effects of wind currents, turbulence and pressure differences can sometimes be quite astounding. The only downside I can see to this payware product is this... to experience greater weather realism, you move the Accuracy selector towards the right side. The more you move it, the more real-life the weather dynamics will be generated. By doing this, you will also lose more of the Cumulus clouds, and they are replaced more & more with the flat Stratus type clouds. Bummer.

In my opinion, the Active Sky product gives the best overall results... for a payware product. Once you learn how to manipulate the HUGE amount of menu options, the amount of control you have is incredible!

I have recently discovered another amazing weather program. It is called FSRealWX. It is freeware, fast and very simple to use. I will showcase some pictures from it in a separate post.

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

Archived