iFMS

GridNorth

Has anyone used this? It's an iPad app that displays PFD,MFD,EICAS and FMC gauges on a networked iPad. It looks good but there doesn't appear to be much information about it on the Internet and what there is says either "it's brilliant" or "it's useless" so personal experiences would be welcomed.

Alan

Has anyone used this? It's an iPad app that displays PFD,MFD,EICAS and FMC gauges on a networked iPad. It looks good but there doesn't appear to be much information about it on the Internet and what there is says either "it's brilliant" or "it's useless" so personal experiences would be welcomed.

Alan

Hi Alan,

Have a look at this Flightsim.com review:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?16683-Review-iFMS

Highly praised:D

Cheers

Dom

Yes , I saw this review but then I saw posts elsewhere that said it was a waste of money.

Al

Do any posters out there own iFMS? If so, please tell us all what you think of it!

It takes two opinions to sponsor a horse race. I've wondered about getting that myself. I hope owners will respond with their experiences!;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I want to run my instruments on a separate screen and I'm getting a little tired of wasting money trying to achieve this. Panel Builder does it for "steam gauges" but there is some flicker and delay when the gauges try to up date and it's expensive especially considering that you have to stump up almost as much again for glass cockpit style gauges. Air Manager is very good but there are limited gauges available and most are for X Plane. I've got the hardware available, Windows Laptop, monitor, iPad etc. but I have not been able to drag gauges from the main screen to the extra monitor despite trying it in windowed and none windowed mode so I would prefer a Client/Server set up.

Alan

After reading your post I opened up my panel builder in which you mention to see about the flicker and delay that you mention. I did not have any, in fact, I forgot how good it is. You are right it is pricey. The other thing I would like to bring up is the ifms. I just went to their website. If I am not mistaken that is like a FMC that is on your iphone. It is nothing like panel builder. With panel builder you can display your instruments on a second monitor.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

As I said I can't get my second monitor to display instruments using a second video output. I can move the whole 2d panel across but it displays with a blacked out windscreen. When I try to move the PFD, MFD and EICAS panels across it just leaves them behind. The mouse moves across the screens but not the panels.

iFMS looks as though it will display these panels on my 10 inch tablet working across my wireless network so it's not just an FMC on an iPhone.

Alan

• 5 months later...

Rupert,

First let me say Merry Christmas and HAPPY New Year.

I bought iFMS. It is fairly easy to use, far easier than the FMS in the Feel There E-Jets. I'm technologically challenged to say the least. Michael De Feyter is a guru when it comes to this program and customer service. He is very patient and understanding when it comes to "problems" with iFMS. It appears that his goal is to resolve EVERY problem a customer has and get the iFMSup and running smoothly and to the customer's satisfaction. I wish that all of the developers had the same attitude and helpful demeanor that Mchael does. Go ahead and spend the money. I don't think you can go wrong.

Bill Mattson

Bill Mattson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Airspeed, altitude and ideas, bad to run out of all three at the same time

Archived