FSX closing down when it's had enough!

Like you say to in the sticky, I have put as much information I know of, please contact me if you need any more.

OS MS Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586

System Manufacturer Asus

Motherboard Asus Z87-K

System Model All Series

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel Core i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 MHz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) (Overclocked system)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0902, 12/10/2013

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Installed Physical memory 8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 7.94 GB

Available Phys Mem 4.41 GB

Total Virtual Mem 8.36 GB

Available Virtual Mem 4.74 GB

Page File Space 427 MB

GPU Card Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

FSX install FSX Gold Edition – (with Acceleration)

+ I have tried various software packages, including Just Flight Traffic X & others, but this changes nothing related to the problems I am having.

My problem is that FSX will run until it no longer wants to. Then either at the start of the flight, after changing something (Weather/Aircraft etc), or just after many hours & for no specific reason, the warning box comes up “Microsoft FSX encountered a problem & needs to close”, then the bit that it will let me know if a solution is available, which of course there never is. This is the only warning I ever get & like I say, it doesn't matter which add-ons I am using, the same thing always happens. This was a great system & I used to get incredible frame rates, but now only use 25. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the game so many times, yet this now makes no difference at all & just goes immediately back to it's old ways of closing down for no noticeable reason.

I will be very grateful if anyone can throw some light on this & maybe give me a solution. Thanks.

You are going to need to check your Events Viewer to look for a "faulting module".

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.

One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

Tell us what the Faulting Module is! That will point us in the direction of the proper error, aiding in troubleshooting.

BELOW IS A SAMPLE OF WHAT YOU MIGHT SEE!

General Tab:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: This is what we need to Know!

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000ee3a

Faulting process id: 0x748

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0253dc4b69d4

Faulting application path: R:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: R:\FSX\window.dll

Report Id: 9caf77b4-6e50-11e2-8570-3085a99825d1

If there is not one listed:

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000,

you will need to do as previously noted

No Faulting Module? ->

Remove all of the add-ons, and test the sim. If it works OK, then reinstall them one at a time and test.

Be sure to test each thoroughly before moving on to the next

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi mrzippy & thanks for the quick reply. After much poking around, I managed to find the bit you said to look for. I think. This is what is shown for the faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 7.2.10586.212, time stamp: 0x56fa2107

Well thanks very much both of you. I 'think' your suggestions have just solved my problem. So far I have had no trouble, whereas this had been going on for months. So I'll keep using it with fingers crossed & hopefully neither of you should have to hear from me for a while! So many thanks once again.

Wonderful.:D That is one of the most frustrating errors ever. You never know when it will crash, but you know it always comes at a bad time.

Uiautomation is short for user-interface-automation. Clicking on menu's and stuff.

As a bit of background:

It is a basic part of windows. And the version that modern windows has works great for all programs.

But that uiautomationcore does not work with fsx. So, as workaround, just for fsx you install the old version from win Vista in the fsx folder.

AND NOWHERE ELSE. So it gets used by fsx only. That way the other programs happily keep using the default modern windows version.

In the link you got were two files. One was from Vista, the other from XP. Just use the one that works. Some systems need one, some the other.

Sounds like you found the right one for your Pc. Well done.

Happy flights, and welcome to the forum!:D

il.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived