Shift+5 inoperable

fragmentum

Hi frag,

I have an idea and that's always dangerous but here goes. If someone can't accept that the beta rtm version of FSX is the problem you could offer to sell it to them so that they could see for themselves. With the proceeds you could purchase the Steam version and that would eliminate what you're experiencing. Sounds like a win-win situation to me.

Jim F.

I don't think this was a problem before as all the BETA aircraft worked as did keyboard commands (that I recall...so long ago...). No, I think this malady started some time ago and i didn't catch it....

I may just do a clean install on another hard drive sometime, fresh OS then Fresh FSX and see what happens...

What would Steam offer that I don't already have (I know, I know... read the damn reviews...).

~ Blue Skies ~

Fragmentum

I don't think this was a problem before as all the BETA aircraft worked as did keyboard commands (that I recall...so long ago...). No, I think this malady started some time ago and i didn't catch it....

I may just do a clean install on another hard drive sometime, fresh OS then Fresh FSX and see what happens...

What would Steam offer that I don't already have (I know, I know... read the damn reviews...).

BETA by definition is a product not truly vetted. It can be wonderful or awful!! I've seen both results. We who choose to use BETA software have to suffer the consequences be they good or be they bad! ;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hi frag,

That is interesting. I didn't realize that it had worked previously. It just seemed likely that very few people had the same version of FSX as you and as such it seemed unlikely that anyone would be able to verify that the problem was not inherent in the beta. And as far as the steam version, why bother reading any reviews? There's any number of people here that will offer their two cents. As for your situation FSX-SE seems ideal. The Steam version is equivalent to FSX Deluxe and the Acceleration expansion with a few tweaks to readily enable higher resolution scenery. Acceleration added a dozen or so highly detailed scenery areas and additional aircraft geared to racing. MS stopped supporting multiplayer but Steam re-enables it. And Shift+5 works just fine. I just checked and it's on sale for $7.49 now.

Jim F.

Archived