Pushback question

Often times when starting a flight from an airport ramp, I have the ability to move the plane forward and turn.

But sometimes, the flight starts at a gate with a jet way and a building in front of the plane. In those instances, how do you get the plane to be pushed back away from the gate? Is there some menu option or a key to hit that I am unaware of?

Often times when starting a flight from an airport ramp, I have the ability to move the plane forward and turn.

But sometimes, the flight starts at a gate with a jet way and a building in front of the plane. In those instances, how do you get the plane to be pushed back away from the gate? Is there some menu option or a key to hit that I am unaware of?

Even when close to the building, you should still be able to do a Shift+P and get your plane to move backwards. With that in mind, there are some MD-11s out there that Shift+P will not work not matter which cheek you stick your tongue into. For those you need to have your engines running and use reverse thrust to pushback!

Shift+P for straight back and if you are quick enough to add a 1 or 2, your pushback will turn either left or right.

I highly recommend that you take a few minutes to review your control buttons to see what functions are performed in the Sim.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived