What happened?

highnote

Is there any way to mount a GPS in FS9? I enjoy flying IFR both FS9 and FSX. During the time I was having trouble with windows 10 and FSX, I rotated back to approaches with FS9 and suddenly I couldn't bring up the GPS even though the

button was there.

Thanks for you time,

Highnote

Check your FS9\gauges folder. You should have a copy of FS9GPS.gau or at least FS9GPS.cab.

If not, look in the library. There are a number of "new and improved!" GPS available, some of which have the same file name, ir: FS9GPS.XXX, where .XXX is either .CAB or .GAU.

Or check your FS9 disks for that file, and extract it to your Gauges folder. If the old one that is there has a different name, or the same name but a different size, then overwrite it.

This will get the original GPS back into the Sim, and it then should work, providing you, or anything else, hasn't changed your plane's Panel.cfg

Hope this helps you out a little!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I couldn't bring up the GPS even though the

button was there.

Highnote, check your FS9 Gauges folder for the GPS gauge: fs9gps.cab

If you have the FSX gps gauge in there it won't work with FS9.

Edit: The Phantom strikes again!!:o

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Gotta be quick in this game :D

Tiger is 100% correct. The FSX and FS9 GPS gauges aren't compatible, although I THINK (very rarely) that the FS9 version will work in FSX, but not t'other way 'round. The confusing thing is that they have the same name, so you have to be careful not to accidentally put the FSX gauge into FS9 by accident.

Good luck!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Thanks for the interest and the suggestions, although the burning, sparks, and a big fire!]

Semper Phi from a 22 year squid. Thanks for your service!.

Gotta be quick in this game :D

Tiger is 100% correct. The FSX and FS9 GPS gauges aren't compatible, although I THINK (very rarely) that the FS9 version will work in FSX, but not t'other way 'round. The confusing thing is that they have the same name, so you have to be careful not to accidentally put the FSX gauge into FS9 by accident.

Good luck!

Pat☺

Archived