Airport scenery disappearing!

Hello.

I would like some help with my FSX. My airports ground (Runway and taxiways) arn't showing.. does anybody know why? They were working before. I haven't changed any settings. Its very frustrating!

I did have images to insert but apparently the res is to high and I dont want to be messing about resizing.. so I will try and explain

If I go to the top down view using the default fsx camera position, you can clearly see the airport ground showing, although there are some trees popping in on some bits of the taxiway. But when I change the view back to the normal outside view, its just 'grassy' and no taxiway or runway.

The airport buildings seem to be showing fine, and this also happens when I have the AS Zurich (2012) version activated, no ground just buildings.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck, and I dont know what else to do.

Is this a BOXED FSX or Steam?

With Steam, do a VERIFY local cache on the FSX.

If BOXED, it sounds like the SHADERS are mess up. So deleting them will cause FSX to rebuild them again.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Well maybe DELETE the local cache and then do a verify game cache. Basically doing a complete reinstall.

Regarding the AS Zurich (2012) version, is that STEAM FSX approved?

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

add screenshots to show the issue.

Put fsx in windowed mode.

then use snipping tool to take screenshots. not the 'V' key.

snipping tool is in: start menu---accessories

it takes .jpg screenshots that have much smaller size. those you can upload.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

add screenshots to show the issue.

Put fsx in windowed mode.

then use snipping tool to take screenshots. not the 'V' key.

snipping tool is in: start menu---accessories

it takes .jpg screenshots that have much smaller size. those you can upload.

I have tried that, but it exceeds the size limit and not sure how to get it down, unless I take a shot which is tiny!

I've never seen such a mess of trees all over runways like that. It's like your FSX has cancer :confused:

Wish I could solve it but I'll be watching for the solution in case it ever crops up with me. I had made a complete FSX backup BEFORE I installed any ORBX scenery so at least I can restore it.

One other thing I can think of since you said you deleted and rebuilt FSX with the Steam Verify function, is there must be another location storing the scenery information that would ALSO need to be restored to default, but I don't have the Steam version (got the boxed Gold version). Don't know if Steam and Boxed store this information in the same place.

GOOD LUCK!

Hi,

I am not sure if this would help,this happened to me in fs2004 with a freeware scenery,

Make sure with any addon that it has a higher priority than your default scenery,and carefully read the readme file.

Also check in your scenery.cfg file that all the scenery you have added is numerically ascending.

Hope this helps.

PDT

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replys. I don't have don't UTX. I dont have any add on scenerys except airport add ons. But Even in the default airports its still occuring.

I'm currently slowly moving over to P3D V3.3.

FSX has done me well, but Ive tried everything and I can't seem to find the solution.

Thank you.

Something you can try if you haven't already....

Go to the Scenery settings tab and check the Scenery Complexity, Autogen Density and Special Effects settings - located on the right hand side of the page.

The first sets the level of visible scenery objects that appear in detailed cities and around airports. The higher the setting the more objects are displayed. It should be noted that when 3rd party authors create their airports, they can set the complexity of objects from very sparse upto extremely dense, thus an object with a setting of very dense (for example) will not be displayed if this setting is set at Normal in FSX

The second sets how the default FSX autogen items (trees/shrubs, generic buildings etc) are displayed. For example, FSX default trees are displayed based on the number of trees per tile so the higher the setting the more tress are displayed per tile.

The third sets how special effects, such as water/snow spray on runways or dust spray on grass strips, are shown.

Play with the settings, especially the first and second ones- go for a middle setting first and set both to Normal. This will give a balanced setting from which to adjust up or down as appropriate. Of the two settings the first is probably the best one to increase first because, as stated above, authors of scenery can dictate when an object shows by selecting a complexity setting for it.

Regards

Brian

Sorry, I didn't read closely enough. THe thread I liknked does not point to UTX as a cause, but to FTX.

The thread indicated the file 'terrain.cfg' in the main fsx folder could be messed up.

I would try renaming the file terrain.cfg to terrain.cfg.bak to swtitch it of and keep it safe as backup,

then put a copy of terrain.cfg there instead from a backup of the fsx folder. (I made a backup just after installing, so I have the default files stored.)

Is that an option for you?

The thread I linked had a download for that file, but I see it is now a dead link.:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived