moving trees? and people?

is there away instead of having static trees to make them sway in the wind or something? cause two other simulators I have you can see the trees moving. and is there away to add people to the sim? it just seems a little to life less other then the birds for the thermals.
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

Hi...

Speed Trees aren't really an end user thing - more for developers to build and add to their work... FlyTampa Corfu allegedly has them... As for moving people/animals - from first hand experience - ORBX and Pacific Island Simulations both have them... Again - no real way to add them - that I'm aware of - unless you're a developer...

SpeedTree: Have you tried this?

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/index.php?threads/SpeedTree%3A-Have-you-tried-this%3F.435883/

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

Some stuff I added with ADEX. (I added some libraries, and happened to find these in here.)

This is Airport USSS

Crows,

4.jpg

another crow,

7.jpg

gulls, hard to see, top, just right of centre,

10.jpg

a bear,

37.jpg

sheep.

43.jpg

Pretty cool. All move. The birds are a flock. The flock stays in a confined area, and the birds are numerous enough to seem to fly random.

The Bears move their legs as if walking. Only when parked next to them do you realise the 'moonwalk', staying in one place.

The sheep move like the bears. Though some stay still.

They can have crash detect on or of, you can set that in ADEX, so you can actually have a birdstrike this way.

At another airport I was able to add sound of gulls and other animals. May try to do the same here.

Found info on how to do that some time ago. I remember you had to create an .xml file that contained info on the sound files used and the coordinates of where you wanted to hear the sound.

You then compiled the .xml file, creating a .bgl file out of it.

To have a .bgl file be active, it needs to be in an active scenery folder. As I wanted the sounds at a specific airport, I simply added the new .bgl file to that airport's /scenery folder.

I whish I could be more specific about where I found this. It was a while ago.

Oh, to compile the .xml to a .bgl you need a little utilit called xml2bgl.exe

It's just a simple .exe that you can find in the SDK folder after you installed that onto your syste,.

xml2bgl.exe may also be available for download someplace. I seem to remember something like that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

please don't talk about bears. here in Ohio I have a real one not that far from me in RL. but the rest of that looks kinda neat.

I would highly not recommend that you watch "the Revenant" I just watched it yesterday afternoon.....chomp!....chomp!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

lol. yeah for those of you that might know where Akron Ohio is. I am about 30 miles from that in Wooster. and there has been several reports on the news about a black bear in that area:eek: off topic I know lol sorry

Some sceneries also have moving marshalls with table tennis bats to see you into the gates - I know UK2000 scenery has these but believe some others do as well.

Some ORBX scenery has people, but I can't remember which ones off hand.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I was very happy with my frame rates. Mediocre machine, more or less "standard" video card, etc. This morning I maxed out virtually every setting I could find and then flew around New York City. Dumped frame rates from around 30 to around 20 and it was very noticeable.

Backed off on the sliders a little bit - happier now. I think I'll pass on other frame rate problems - like moving trees! LOL

Art - N4PJ

Leesburg, FL

no that's ok. I am having some issues with fsx right now. I can't get it working right. it has to do with some fs dreamteam stuff and they are not talking right now so it goes unsolved :(

is there away instead of having static trees to make them sway in the wind or something? cause two other simulators I have you can see the trees moving. and is there away to add people to the sim? it just seems a little to life less other then the birds for the thermals.

FSX has many different types of flying birds (gulls, parrots, crows) that have nothing to do with thermals and placed as a scenery object. For example if you want to see birds flying around the end of a runway you can select how many birds you want to fly within a certain size rectangle.

Also moving people have been in FSX since it was released. They are in the animal bgl (same as birds) and you add them as a library scenery object using ADE.

You do not have to be a developer to add this type moving scenery since the animation is already coded.

I said, "I cant be specific'.

By that I meant, I can't explain step by step how o add the bear/crows/gulls.

In general:

-the objects are part of a object librar.

-probably from EZ-scenery ("Easy Scenery") library.

-don't know which one specifically. I will try looking tha tup, could take me several days. (Too busy having fun at the moment.:D)

These object libraries are freeware, from our file library. I think files:

EZ_1.zip

and

RW_12.zip

(but not sure, and if in those, they are pretty large.)

They are added to an airport using ADE-X (Airport Design Editor)

(Also freeware, just like the object libraries are.)

With ADE you create your own addon airports.

In my screenshots was a lot more that was added with ADE.

-heaps of rock, for airport construction,

-a large static aircraft between the runways, it's a partly dismanteled 747.

-a green cover for my jet,

-with a parking spot beneath it, assigned to 'military', so only I will be directed there and it is never occupied when I arrive,

-two or three static aircraft, fighters.

-a millitary watchtower,

-a pillbox,

-a static armoured vehicle,

-a firestation, with many vehicles,

-several people at the firestation,

-some soldiers around the watchtower and vehicle,

-The farm the sheep are at,

-The fence around them,

-some industrial structure,

-a littel church,

-

Working with ADE is a lot of fun.

You do need to install the SX-SDK to get ADE to compile the airports. But that's not too hard if you follow the instructions on ho to do that closely.

ADE has a nice GUI (user interface).

Installing the object libraries works the same as installing addon airports. Best not put all together in /Addon sScenery/scenery

instead create ..\Addon Scenery\\scenery

and put them in there.

I think I have 7 such folders installed.

To get a preview in ADE of the objects you place with ADE, you will need to install something called the "Big Thumbnail Pack".

Maybe create som of your own thumbnails as well.

(What I do sometimes is place an object without a previe pic. (only description). Then I go to the airport, see what ended up in that spot, take a screenshot, and then add that as a thumbnail to the ADE folder.

The trick thing is to find the filename to give it.

For that you open ADE again and do th eseps of placing the object again. But instead of placing it, you write down it's GUID. The filename for the thumnail must tthen be the GUID in brackets, followed by a description..

example:

{a983aab8-c141-49f5-8b1b-b33fc6c8c36d}_ag_euroffice04.jpg

The thumbnails go in a folder "Thumbs" inside the ADE folder.)

All that isn't needed to have fun with ADE.

You can start out with the default objects right away. All that's required to use ADE is installing the fsx-SDK.

Here two more screenies from USSS:

11.jpg

--

12.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It wasn't enough to drive me crazy, but it kept me on my toes. Finding all the necessary pieces and proper instructions to get the SDK installed and be able to run ADE was, ultimately, worth it, even if it was only for making improvements to existing facilities.

My local GA airport (now, ahem, international!) was totally wrong. I managed to extend the 13/31 runway from around 5,000 feet to the 6,300 feet that's really there. Learned a lot in the process.

Often, people trying to be helpful accidentally introduce new problems. I saw tons of instructions about what to do if you had SP2 intalled, or how to handle Acceleration and then - after the fact - point out that if you had done certain things already, the process was totally different! I'm very much a RTFM kind of guy, so I noted everything carefully before I started the process and it ultimately worked out okay.

All that said (written) my hat's off to the serious developers. The thought of building an airport from scratch - even if it's only hangars and runways - is more than I'm willing to tackle.

Art - N4PJ

Leesburg, FL

well I know I can't get into the orbx type of airports just starting out. but I would like to try to make something. maybe like a livery for the default C172 I think it would be neat to upload a file. as long as I have been a member here I never added any thing to the file list. lol maybe I can go back to adding screen shots again?

Archived