American Eagle Terminal

007 American Eagle Terminal.jpg

Taxi to SW Parking

008 Taxi to SW Parking.jpg

SW Parking 34

009 SW Parking 34.jpg

NC182

010 NC182.jpg

The 12 year old sim, and I enjoy FS9, hope you do too!

Colors look OKm it's a matter of personal taste, though. I see you're still trying to make that tank go faster!

That's actual right. If I didn't have the Robert Hawk Modified Powerplant (Teledyne Continental IO-520-L), I wouldn't be flying this very much. Probably move over to one of the Carenado crafts that I have. But this default Cessna has RG speed and a bit more. It can fly at 1000 fpm at 140 knots with ease to around 7000 feet. Now that's not a turboprop and quite unrealistic but fun nevertheless! Working on a new gauge for it too.

I'm kind of used to custom crafts anyway. Many many years ago, the saying around the flight line at Northrop was every aircraft is custom. They are very much the same, but all are slightly different as wing spars, longerons, or any non-aerodynamic assemblies would be allowed to drift a bit. That is, as long as the mold line was held. Ruled surfaces are important and line mods were occational, but expected. At least, that was the scuttelbutt.

I suppose that's why I love KLAX so much. While I didn't work the F-18 flight line, it was attached near the start of 25L. Every once in a while a C-5 would come into to town to pick up the partially assemblies and ship them off to Douglas. They (Douglas) were the ones with the carrier landing gear technology and helped to modify the YF-17A, and so the prime contractors. Some of those engineers were just brilliant beyond belief. But that was more than 30 years ago, and really great memories!!!

Me, I'm just a software guy :)

EDIT: I had originally written 24L but meant to write 25L. It really was 30+ years ago and now am getting blind!

those are very nice, I get a real sense of 3 dimensions and altitude with those!

Thank you and its fun to fly. Even if it isn't the most accurate detail, its still good enough to make me feel like I'm closer to home!

Grand Funk Railroad, Closer to Home, 1970

Yow, I Remember when it came out...

Enjoyed looking at your shots, the colors look very good.

Thank you! Your FSX shots are nice too. X has so much detail, its gotta be great fun to fly. Well, keep posting your shots as its fun to see the other side of things.

Best Regards!

Mark, I really like your screenies! :cool::cool::eek:

Thanks Peer! I'm trying to enhance the overall look and feel. You know what, I just noticed that you're in Holland. Should fly Schiphol so you can compare FS9 to real. Well at least see how close the imagination lets us get. Gotta have imagination until they come up with really fast liquid based processors!

Thanks Again and Best Regards!

A nice flight and beautifully captured Mark! :cool: :cool: :D

Thank you! I think that the secret is the old video card and driver. Although, I'm still tweaking colors as the water around socal is green, and rarley a shade of blue.

Best Regards and thanks again!

Great shots there, you are keeping FS9 alive;):cool:

Gonzalo

Thank you and don't I wish!. There are soo many airports at home that would be great to fly. But I can't blame the scenery designers for wanting to make a buck and new sims may make their lives easier. Thank goodness for the likes of John Loney, Roger Wensley, and all of the others who have contributed so much and help to keep FS9 and the hobby alive.

A special tip of the hat to Al Wheeler and his California Central Coast Scenery package. Although there aren't many detailed shots of his KSBA in this series, that is his East Beach and from CCC. That package has been great fun to fly and for many years!

Best Regards and Thanks Again!

Archived