Well, let's get to it...

mabe5454

I changed my mind. For $15 I WILL get DTG Flight School. If for no other reason than to have 1st hand knowledge of it's 'ins-n-outs' so I don't have to read or listen to other's opinions or reviews. Or arguments. So, yes, and by all means, LET'S GET TO IT. Where do I sign?

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: I have Windows 7 Pro coming next week and will crap FSX Accel (for now) and re-learn how to fly (ha). It will be like a 'mini' vacation.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

• 4 weeks later...
No, neither one. Though there are probably other, especially older planes done that way as well. But if that be true, I don't recall seeing them.

And if there are older planes, Rupert has probably seen and/or flown them. I have a sneaking hunch he was tight with the Wrights...

;) :D :rolleyes:

Sorry, Rup, I couldn't help myself :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

And if there are older planes, Rupert has probably seen and/or flown them. I have a sneaking hunch he was tight with the Wrights...

;) :D :rolleyes:

Sorry, Rup, I couldn't help myself :)

Pat☺

Pat,

I never met the Wrights. They were slightly ahead of my time. However if I remember correctly, I was taught a little about them.

My RW flight training was provided by Uncle Sugar and everything he let me play with used knot indicators. And the very few GA aircraft I played with before becoming disabled all had knot indicators as well. With very little GA experience I really can't address whether mph is/was common with them.

My point was and is, the claim was this program is FSX but with huge improvements. Their demo wasn't like the same model of FSX plane I have in my hanger. So, IMHO, since it appears to have hugely limited options and the one plane I have in common with it is different, it certainly isn't FSX with or without improvements.

BTW: Chuck (Napamule2) said back in April he was buying this new program. Has anyone heard how that worked out? Since I haven't noticed him posting recently, I wonder did this new program inhale him?

Calling Napamule2, Calling Napamule2! How's the new sim working out for you? Can you respond Chuck?

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

The alpha is out to some now and the above is a first look at it. It shows the menu layout, controls, builtin TrackIR support, modeling, flight, etc.

I just went to the site shown and listened for a while to a very dry sounding announcer's voice while staring at one very poor still picture of a plane. Then I noticedthis is a 26 minute clip.

Thanks. I'll wait! :p

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Calling Napamule2, Calling Napamule2! How's the new sim working out for you? Can you respond Chuck?

Over?

:D ;) :p

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

What? Who tat? Talking to me? I spent 4 days backing up my files (1.2 Gb). Then swapping in a new WD 1 Tb HDrive. Then spent 1 week installing Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Got it all patched and updated (as far as I know-not sure). Then I installed FSX Accel in 250 Gb WD HDrive. I am POOPED. But everything is working fantastic. I still get 30 fps (locked) in FSX Accel so I am a happy camper. FS2004 is next. But not until I validate Win 7 (Monday as they are closed weekends). I also need to register FSX Monday (over the phone-did not work online due to changes to 'system').

Oh, I did not buy it (program) yet. Too busy with other things. Made a video last night of the Thunderbird 2 and Mole (see Flight Videos forum). No use flying if you can't make videos (hehe). Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: Half way thru install of Win 7 my video card fan started making noise and quit. So I had to spend another day deciding what card to get. Got a AMD/Radeon R7 360, 2 Gb DDR5, $114 at Best Buy). Then another day getting drivers and installing that. I need a vacation.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I just went to the site shown and listened for a while to a very dry sounding announcer's voice while staring at one very poor still picture of a plane. Then I noticedthis is a 26 minute clip.

Thanks. I'll wait! :p

Skip the first 24 minutes. Just to to the end and watch the landing. Probably the worst effort imaginable short of an all-out crash. I can't believe this got posted. (And it still stutters).

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Well...

In some ways I just see some improvements on FSX. As for stutter or frame rate problems - it seems to look pretty much the same as what I currently see on my middle-of-the road system.

My only complaint thus far is that they actually seem to have made the default ATC even worse. The voices I heard sounded incredibly "canned." If I heard a voice like that on my radio while I was flying, I think I'd be looking around for Arnold Swarzenegger!

On the plus side - you can actually see over the coaming on that demo tail-dragger!

Art - N4PJ

Leesubrg, FL

Archived