Fsx-se can't load

pablo30

:confused: When I try to load FSX-SE I get the opening screen, then after about 5-8 minuets it disappears. I have uninstalled the 2 items I got from FlightSim (thumbnailexporterx .zip and fslaunchpad-2_12.zip) but it still wont load.

ANY IDEAS?????

:pilot:

Zoostorm Gaming Desktop PC, Core i7-950 3.06GHz, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, GF GTX460, Windows 7 Home Premium

Did FSX-SE work OK before installing those 2 downloads? If it did, then something got changed. Maybe try rebuilding the FSX-SE.cfg by renaming it and starting the Sim.

This may be another option:

Run Stream and right click on the FSX menu item, choose properties.

Choose LOCAL FILES tab, click verify integrity of game cache.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi Mr Zippy,

I have done that, but still wont load.

click verify integrity of game cache.

all files successfully validated.

I have sent a ticket to Dovetail but no reply yet.

Zoostorm Gaming Desktop PC, Core i7-950 3.06GHz, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, GF GTX460, Windows 7 Home Premium

Hi Mr Zippy,

I have done that, but still wont load.

click verify integrity of game cache.

all files successfully validated.

I have sent a ticket to Dovetail but no reply yet.

Bummer! I keep reading about updates for FSX-SE that are causing fits to addons and proper operation. Good luck!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I have same issue. Everything worked fine until two weeks ago, They sent me an upgrade and all of a sudden I could not contact Steam AND FSX-SE would not open . I sent a ticket to their very convoluted support system but head nothing. However, I went into FSX-SE on my C drive, created a shortcut to FSX-SE, and put it in my desktop and that works. I subsequently got another upgrade form Steam and as soon as it tries to open FSX-SE, it says "FSX-SE has stopped working." I can still however fly, using the FSX-SE shortcut on my desktop. I've heard nothing from STEAM. Also have issues with REX Overdrive and get nothing from them also.

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

ThumbnailExporter does not change any files.

Not sure about the Launchpad though, from what it is supposed to do, it sounds like it might.

Check dll.xml and exe.xml for new entries. If there are, deactivate them. Maybe your FSX is waiting for some addon (or the Launchpad) to start, which ultimately fails.

Oliver Binder

LORBY-SI

I have had to reinstall FSX-SE. Now putting hours in to reload ALL my extras.

I did get a reply to my ticket, but it took them ages. here is their reply

"We are sorry that you are experiencing these issues. The following is how to uninstall the program in it's entirety.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition has files and folders located in numerous locations on your computer system. To perform a clean install you need to remove the following content and folders:

• C:\Program Data\Microsoft\FSX

• C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX

• C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

• In your Steam client, right click on the game and select Delete Local Content. A pop-up message should appear confirming that you want to proceed. Select Delete.

• Once done go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX. Once here delete all of the content inside this folder and then the folder itself.

• Delete the “Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files” folder in “My Documents”, which can be found at C:\Users\\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files. Again delete all of the content inside this folder followed by the folder itself. Once of the main reasons being is there is a file inside this folder called Logbook.BIN. This is one of the files that keeps a record of activity.

Once you have deleted all of the above, only then can you perform a clean install of Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition.

Note: this will also delete any 3rd party add-ons you have installed on 'Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition'.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by the issues you are experiencing."

Shame it came too late.

Paul

I just had to do a total re-install of FSX-SE due to using an certain downloaded Uninstall app to remove a payware aircraft for re-install. This app (which shall remain nameless) caused total chaos to FSX Steam files by deleting hundreds of needed files (unrelated to the payware aircraft). Let this be a cautionary tale.

My point is that I re-installed Steam this past weekend, and re-named the original Steam file, but did NOT remove or delete any Steam-related files. Although the new Steam D/L took six hours, it works fine now...

EDIT:

"My point is that I re-installed Steam this past weekend, and re-named the original Steam file, but did NOT remove or delete any Steam-related files. Although the new Steam D/L took six hours, it works fine now..."

Meant to say I first re-named the original Steam directory, and did the re-install; later deleted the entire old Steam directory...

Archived