2D panel view

Tigani

hi everyone

I have Wilco A330 and problem is that the view from 2D panel is quite low

today I was taxing at KJFK and I passed beyond a B777 i felt like am in a B737 !

( and i think A330 almost the same height as B777 )

any idea ?

I have this in my 2D cockpit to move the seat/outside view up and down.

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Panels FS2004 Power Seat Gauge

[ Download | View ]

Name: pwrseat1.zip

Size: 115,117 Date: 01-14-2006 Downloads: 2,830

pwrseat1.gif

FS2004 Power Seat Gauge. Using your mouse, this small gauge will position the seat up and down changing your viewpoint as needed. There are seven positions in each direction with an instant reset to the default position. The gauge is available in two colors, grey and tan. Sorry, no lumbar control available. By Glenn Copeland.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I have this in my 2D cockpit to move the seat/outside view up and down.

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Panels FS2004 Power Seat Gauge

[ Download | View ]

Name: pwrseat1.zip

Size: 115,117 Date: 01-14-2006 Downloads: 2,830

pwrseat1.gif

FS2004 Power Seat Gauge. Using your mouse, this small gauge will position the seat up and down changing your viewpoint as needed. There are seven positions in each direction with an instant reset to the default position. The gauge is available in two colors, grey and tan. Sorry, no lumbar control available. By Glenn Copeland.

I agree with zip.

This gauge by Glenn Copeland (just one of many extremely useful such gauges by Glenn)is a neat answer to your problem with cockpit views.

Even if you are not sure how to install third party gauges ,there are default fs9 keyboard options for altering the view (seat height) ,but using Glenn's gauge is a much easier , neater and tidier way.

The default method requires double key presses ,and can be fiddly at critical times in your flight.

Anyways

Some thoughts

Andy

Does the gauge just substitute what the key presses do or does it add finer adjustment steps? I find the seat adjustment heights in FS are too great personally. I'd like to have some finer control. If the gauge doesn't do this, does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the height positions somehow to allow finer control?
Mark Daniels

in the panel.cfg:

find:

eyepoint=

and edit it as needed, then reload the aircraft to see the result.

eyepoint = x,y,z //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

(Make a Backup of your aircraft.cfg file before you start editing!!)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

in the panel.cfg:

find:

eyepoint=

and edit it as needed, then reload the aircraft to see the result.

eyepoint = x,y,z //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

(Make a Backup of your aircraft.cfg file before you start editing!!)

yep I think that’s it

but it will need a lot of trial and error to get the desired result

But that just changes the main viewpoint correct? I didn't explain myself very clearly reading back. I'm curious if there is a way to change the increments between each viewpoint adjustment so the changes in view are not as drastic from one step to the next.

An example is you may see the taxiway fine at one setting but if you raise the seat up only one position you may suddenly be staring right down at the tarmac with the horizon virtually out of sight. It appears more like you stood up out of your seat than simply adjusted it. A one viewpoint position change is really drastic in FS. Is there any way to change anything to get smaller increments of viewpoint change between each step?

Mark Daniels

You can adjust the eyepoint very precisely. Use cdecimals, like so:

eyepoint= 4.21, -0.12, 1.00

(just an example)

the adjustments are the same as and such.

So to raise the seat, increase the vertical component.

In this example:

eyepoint= 4.21, -0.12, 2.00

would raise the seat.

-------

Trial and error, yes. But that is easy.

Assign a key to the function "aircraft reload".

Then make start a flight, park in front of a building, and estimate the height you want on the side of the building.

Minimise fs

Open the aircraft.cfg file,

make and adjustment,

open fs,

press the key you assigned to "Aircraft Reload".

and check the result.

Make large increases first (increase 1.00 at a time), then refine.

Get it in the ballpark, you can always make more adjustments later.

--------

Be aware though, it also raises the seat in the VC, so if you use VC often it is not a good option for that plane. You would raise the seat up, or even out of the cockpit...

For planes you fly exclusively from the 2D panel view it doesn't matter, the panel moves up with the view. And you can create the impression that your plane is as high as the plane you are facing on the taxiway like you want.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived