Print All Installed Aircraft Icons

Ray Hff

Do you mean something like this? Do a 'print screen' with keyboard keys. Then open graphic editor (I use IrFanView) and paste, then crop, then save. Takes 3 seconds.

Chuck B

Napamule

FSX Select AC_Pg3.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I can only think that you would need to take each individual thumbnail.JPG from all of your texture folders, create a label for each and paste them all onto one final page. Sounds like a lot of work!

OK, this'll make you crazy! A simple search function for thumbnail.JPG. I'm only showing a small portion which includes all of my "Select Aircraft" as well as everything in my storage hangar. No labels. You can add those later.

pix.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I still don't know what you mean exactly, why won't Napamules and Zippy's suggestions do?

(PS-They're First Class members and their words are therefore like holy writ, pilgrims come from far and wide to crave an audience and sit at their feet hanging on their every word for spiritual guidance and enlightenment.)

Somethingf like this perhaps.

Create .xls or or .ods (Exel or Open Document Spreadsheat)

Adjust Row height. (Increase)

Create good column width.

select cell one (top left) and from menu bar click Insert-Picture-From_File.

Select required image,

Then resize, and write description or copy-paste.

(align description as required)

sgestion.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for all who tried. Summing up the answers, it appears the answer is no such thing exists.

Looks that way! There is always the ol' print each section and erase away the excess.

I would need to do this about 5 times to capture all of my flying aircraft.

planes.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Ha. Lightweight. I got 6600 thumbnails in my PC. Includes duplicates, so maybe 1/3 of that is 'real' count. FS9 and FSX are on D: drive and I have 1495 Thumbs in that. Pic..

Chuck B

Napamule

Thumbnails_Search_All.jpg

Thumbnails_Search_FS9&FSX.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Thanks for all who tried. Summing up the answers, it appears the answer is no such thing exists.

Shouldn't be more than 2 hours of devel work in C# or Java and it would exist. If people are interested, I can slap it together real quick.

Edit: OK, I went ahead and did it anyway. The app generates a simple HTML report with the info and thumbnails. That one you can edit and print to your heart's content.

Would be nice if someone would be willing to test it - just drop me a note here in the forum.

ThumbnailExporter_Result_small.jpg

ThumbnailExporter_Result_large.jpg

ThumbnailExporter.jpg

Oliver Binder

LORBY-SI

Many thanks for your kind words!

A new version 1.02 is just now being uploaded to the library.

- full coverage of all "fltsim" info lines, even the obscure ones...

- choice of two image sizes

- option to ignore duplicate models (if you are scanning download folders etc.)

- option to automatically open the report after it has been written

Oliver Binder

LORBY-SI

AFAIK uploads aren't automatically added to the library. "The librarian" is doing this manually - I don't really know how an update is handled though. We will see - judging by the "New addon" list there were no changes since yesterday.

Oliver Binder

LORBY-SI

Hello @ll,

I am really sorry about this, but the version 1.02 of the ThumbnailExporter is broken - it will only work if you already had the previous version running on your PC.

The issue has been fixed in the 1.03, and it has been uploaded again. You can expect it to be deployed probably the same time tomorrow.

Edit: next in line is version 1.05 with an alternative thumbnail table format and image tooltipps.

ThumbnailExporter_Result_thumbtable.jpg

Best regards

Oliver Binder

LORBY-SI

Thank you for your very usefull utility.

A remark : some aircrafts are not listed when the "include AI" option is not selected, even if they appear in the FSX select aircraft panel and can be used as user aircraft ?

At the beginning I thought the option would eliminate AI ONLY simobjects.

Is it a criteria to recognize such simobjects ?

Cheers - Gérard

Edit :

After further research, I discovered that all missing aircraft have panel="" in the corresponding fltsim section.

Probably the guilty...

Cheers

Thank you for your very usefull utility.

A remark : some aircrafts are not listed when the "include AI" option is not selected, even if they appear in the FSX select aircraft panel and can be used as user aircraft ?

At the beginning I thought the option would eliminate AI ONLY simobjects.

Is it a criteria to recognize such simobjects ?

Cheers - Gérard

Hello Gérard,

If the report finds an aircraft.cfg/sim.cfg and there is no panel folder with panel.cfg in the same directory, it is deemed to be an AI. A few developers like to put their liveries (and sometimes panels too) into different folders outside of the aircraft directory (for example QualityWings and CaptainSim), which would then look like this, but those should be accessible through a path in the aircraft.cfg - which is what the tool is doing at the moment. Obviously you have yet another configuration on your system - can you point me at a specific example/addon where this happens?

Best regards

Oliver Binder

LORBY-SI

Hi there, would it be possible to use this for FS2004?

Kind Regards,

Robin

Hello Robin,

TMBK it works in FS9 too, the FLTSIM part of the aircraft.cfg is mostly identical. But as FS9 aircraft usually do not have the thumbnail pictures, you would have to use the option for "including missing thumbnails" to get at least a text report. If you put a thumbnail.jpg into the texture folders yourself, it will be displayed in the report.

Best regards

Oliver Binder

LORBY-SI

Hello Oliver,

If the report finds an aircraft.cfg/sim.cfg and there is no panel folder with panel.cfg in the same directory, it is deemed to be an AI.

Sorry, I did not see your answer before editing my post...

So, here more info :

After further research, I discovered that all missing aircraft have panel="" instead of panel= in the corresponding fltsim section.

Probably the guilty...

I am using the French FSX Gold edition and a great number of default aircrafts exhibit this "behavior". Localization consequence, probably...

Best regards - Gérard

Quote: 'Probably the guilty...'

Well, it's the modeler's fault (due to 'mis-information'). Some idiot mentioned that anything you put in quotation makrs the Sim Engine will 'accept' (on face value). So, 'they' assumed it would be 'equal to' putting in 'default' (which is not so). Someone else said 'You don't have to have the (flight.0) section up top - it can be at the bottom of the aircraft cfg. There is no order. Put sections 'all over the place' and the Sim Engine will 'read' them the same.' So there was no order to cfg. Been that way for 10 years.

The put in quotation mark was intended for the Description and Performance sections. You put text between quotation marks and you no longer have to put in formating characters. The sim will 'accept' the text (even with 'returns' at end of sentences (so you don't need 'wordwrap') without the '/nn\' formaing characters. Did they learn? No. They used elsewhere (ie: they corrupt everything the can get their hands on - but NEVER did accept any 'standard' for layout of sections (which is cause for duplicate sections, etc).

So it is a wonder a person can write a program that 'looks' at aircraft cfg and still work. No..it's a MIRACLE. Nels requires a 'ID.Diz' file and that helped to at least bring SOME order to the messed up cfgs 'they' put out. At least you knew who to contact to get corrections done. So don't blame 'Gold Edition', as it's the developers that (keep) messing up FSX. Not MS. They stoped messing it up when it came out (hehe).

Chuck B

Napamule

Archived