Meaning of GTL_BUTTON

Flattermann

It's also in the FS9.cfg and it has the same meaning for FSX: This was copied from a post.

The section [FACILITIES] in FS9.CFG function was already known to me. The term GTL I know from the programming. There is for example for C ++ a GTL (Graphical Template Library) .... C ++ is object-oriented, and each object is assigned an ID .... so was my ringing clear in the FS9.CFG any jams describes the parameters GTL_BUTTON.

Since there are in the airport choices only 2 (radio) buttons, it was also tested quickly .... The default value is 6225 (Search in default scenery) ....... one now selects the button "In add-on scenery" Search and looks to finish the FS9 in the FS9.CFG is the value 6226 under GTL_BUTTON ;-)

This can also be reversed ..... so you may switch in FS9.CFG the value back to 6225, is "Search in default scenery" in the airport choices the button marked again.

Plotting a value other than 6225 or 6226 a, is back to the default value 6225 is reset this from FS.

The whole therefore only as to ensure that the GUI of the FS "knows" which was selected the two buttons as the last serving.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thank you Mr Zippy for the quick answer. I am not so sure if I am now wiser:confused:

Maybe you know SIMStarter a very nice tool. This tool is showing you the different settings since the last use of FSX. And there are often messages as e.g. GTL_Button= 1324 or 1249 or 1313 or 1206. I dont know what to do with this messages. I think I will ask the producer of this tool:D

Nevertheless Thank you!

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

Thank you again,

fighting with my poor English i think now I understand this mysterious thing a little bit better. And I never had serious problems with the GTL_Button I only would know more about it!

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

I had never heard of it before. But I think this is the idea.

In "Choose Airport" menu, you can select:

"Search default scenery"

or

"Search addon scenery"

Search adoon scenery is not used much in fsx. It is not for your normal addon airports. To find them you need to have "Search default scenery" selected.

Reason is that the Addon airports replace the defaults.

They do not replace the installed files, you default files are still there.

But with a correctly installed addon, you will not see the default airport in fsx anymore. You will see the addon instead.

When you uninstall the addon you see the default Airport again. Automatically.

Why then that "Search addon Scenery" option? That is to use very old Airports. (FS8 or even older.)

I don't think anyone does that.

(I have never used the "Search addon screnery" option.

I did select it once. And when I did I could select no more airports. You can't select an airport from the default scenery with that option selected.)

The fsx.cfg value. no idea.

But when "search default scenery" is selected, and fsx is closed, the next time fsx is started "search default scenery" will be selected again.

This is because a value for it was stored in the fsx.cfg when closing fsx. And fsx.cfg is read when fsx starts again.

Change to the other the value, and next time you start fsx it will probably start with "search addon scenery" selected. If so, go into the Airport menu, and change the setting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived