Wilco A330 Panel marge

Tigani

Hello

I have wilco airbus Vol 2 , what i want to do is this

i want to get A340-300 Panel ( because it’s more realistic ) and merge it with A330-300RR screens

I only wants A340 main panel without overhead or pedestal , and merge it with a330-300RR screens

any Ideas ?

If you only want the A340 main panel bitmap to show in the A330 cockpit you can just copy it over and rename the main panel bitmap in the A330 panel.cfg. Getting all the A330 gauges to line up with the A340 bitmap would be best done with FS Panel Studio though, which is well worth buying for projects like this (I created a widescreen Wilco A320 panel with it).

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I'm assuming you want to replace the 2D panel.

That is not called a merge btw. A merge is putting the VC of one plane in another plane. With many FS2004 planes that is not possible.

Assuming 2D:

if you want to add the a 340 panel to the a 330 panels, replacing the original, then:

make a backup of the whole a 330 panel.

also, in the remaining active a330 panel folder, make a copy of the panel that you save there and call it "panel-0-Orig.cfg". Just for safe keeping, and for easily comparing the changes later.

open the panel folder of both side by side.

copy the background image .bmp of the 340 to the a330 panel folder.

Open the panel.cfg files side by side.

in the a 330 delete the whole [window01] section.

copy the whole [window01] section of the a340 and post it there in the a330 instead.

the a340 may use some gauges that are in the a340 panel folder.

gauges are .cab files, .gau files or .xml files.

copy all of those from the a340 panel folder to the a330 folder.

close and save the a330 panel.cfg file.

that should pretty much be it.

start fs, and enjoy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This looks different then I expected.

For one thing the panels don't mention the background images as I would expect.

I see no obvious errors. (in what you did)

I do notice that window00 also has to do with the main panel. Yo could try replacing that with the info from the a 330 too.

Also have a look at the top of the file where it lists all windows:

Window00=

Window01=

etc.

Make sure those entries match with the ones in the a340 panel.cfg file. (for entries you changed)

Since I see no reference to background images (and there are no .bmp files in the folder either) it is possible this simply doesn't work in these payware planes. (I'm at a loss here.)

If you can't get it to work, just rename the panel folder you were working on, and put bakc the backup copy of the panel folder that you made.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On a possibly related note, why are the texts aligned to the right?

Have you been editing using word or open office or wordpad, and did you use the 'align right' option?

I never saw a .cfg file that was aligned to the right.

If you did edit the file with one of those programs, it could have added hidden formatting to the file, which can mess things up.

Always edit .cfg files with Notepad only.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On a possibly related note, why are the texts aligned to the right?

Have you been editing using word or open office or wordpad, and did you use the 'align right' option?

I never saw a .cfg file that was aligned to the right.

If you did edit the file with one of those programs, it could have added hidden formatting to the file, which can mess things up.

Always edit .cfg files with Notepad only.

nope i have never edited .cfg files by word or something , it was all by notepad

I dont know why it’s aligned to the right , it’s been like that since i bought this PC :D

Archived