REX update CAUTION!

mallcott

REX have updated their hotfix for P3Dv3 to include 3.2.2 and 3.2.3

Service Pack 6 - Hotfix 1 - (build: 4.8.2016.0314)

But the developers seem to have introduced a new feature that is badly signposted in the readme

· Fixed the missing low-level cloud issue associated with Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D v3.2.

· Fixed random theme generation and installation.

· Fixed popcorn cloud sizing issue within Lockheed Martin’s P3D v3.1 and v3.2.

· Fixed community texture water selection process.

· Added function to auto adjust P3D v3+ shader based upon cloud selection.

· Fixed no simulator selection error during texture installation issue.

They are not `auto adjusting` the shader, they seem to be deleting the whole temp Shader folder. Contents and all.

I was curious as I loaded the sim after introducing the Hotfix and was faced with my usual 45 second shader rebuild delay when I knew I hadn't instigated it.

The issue for many is that on first rebuild the sim will be stuttery and it takes a second reboot to get the smoothness back. It seems ANY change to ANY file in the REX catalogue will prompt this behaviour, so you may need to load the sim twice just to get the new textures to operate smoothly.

Follow up post: Didn't get a chance to experiment further last night but saw a post at the REX forums - rebuild is apparently tied to LOW LEVEL clouds.

If you UNcheck those after you find a set you like, the auto rebuild of the temp shader file can be bypassed.

Archived