San Francisco Sunset

Here is ONE pic of San Francisco skyline at sunset, in FSX Accel, showing the Oakland Bay Bridge on the right. If you right click on pic you can choose to set pic as Background (stretched) directly or you can copy it and use it (Stretched) as desktop wallpaper. I include a shot showing Cessna 172 to prove it's FSX and not real (hehe).

Chuck B

San Francisco_Bay Bridge_Wallpaper.jpg

SF_Bay Bridge_16Mar08_FSX.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Thanks for comments. I edited the sun. Am surprised no one mentioned how big it was (hehe) which is not real (size). Right? Right.

Chuck B

San Francisco_Bay Bridge_Wallpaper2.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Very nice pictures!!

One question, if I may, though: Where's the fog??? It's not a certainty every evening, but it was pretty prevalent when I was growing up in the Bay Area.

I loved going to the beach after the Ranger left and making a small driftwood fire. As the sun sets, the fog rolls in. It's like you (and any female companion...AHEM) are the only ones in the world. Awesome feeling.

There's a restaurant up on Skyline Blvd with a very nice patio with table all over it, and you can sit and watch the fog roll up the mountains till it engulfs the patio, and the only light is from the candle on the table. Romantic as heck. I had no idea how the waiters/waitresses navigated, but they did a great job...Fantastic escargot, too.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

It's in the summer that the fog rolls in. In the winter you have a lot of 'crispy' days with only 'high clouds', and maybe drizzle, thus no fog. But with 'El Nino' the patterns (water temp, wind, etc) are not 'normal'. And you being on the beach after dark is dangerous right now as BIG waves have been hitting the coast (for weeks now) with a 'sneaker wave' wipeing you (and your campfire) out and dragging then slamming you up against the shoreline cliffs. THAT ain't 'romantic'.

Chuck B

Napamule

It's in the summer that the fog rolls in. In the winter you have a lot of 'crispy' days with only 'high clouds', and maybe drizzle, thus no fog.

Chuck B

Napamule

Yes! Almost the only times I ever remember seeing the whole Golden Gate Bridge through the fog was late Fall through early Spring. I spent a few days in August on the military base on the island the Bay Bridge crosses and we almost never could see much detail of San Francisco for the fog off the cold water. BRRrrrr!! IN AUGUST!!!!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Yeah, well, when you think about it, taking a girl to the beach or even a restaurant with a nice patio, isn't the greatest plan in the middle of winter :D

For some darn reason, women tend to overdress badly in wintertime. Kinda dampens the mood a bit. Of course, to me, anything more than a bikini is overdressed, so...

Maybe waves are bad these days, but back in my day, if they got anywhere close to the cliffs overhanging the beach, it was an event to be marveled at, even at high tide. Depending on the beach, of course. Most of San Gregorio is well above the normal high tide mark, although what was known as the sub-watch overlook was above a small section where the water normally came up to the cliff every high tide. And there was every thing in between. Just walk north far enough, you could find any place you liked. Well above high water mark, caves that stayed dry inside, but where the water came up to the entrance (or so), you name it. All between San Gregorio and Halfmoon Bay.

If the waves are worse now, well, there are more than a few parks in the forests that can easily be gotten to and which have very nice fire-pits, tables, the works. No beach? No sweat. :p

I'll wager the surf at Maverick's and the rest up and down the coast are awesome, though!

SURF'S UP, duuuude!

:D :cool:

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived