Fsx-se seeing aircraft in area?

pablo30

:confused:

When I looking around and go to AI aircraft to see whats about, the list come up, but so much private aircraft. How do I just see the commercial aircraft on the list?

I'm using it at KSBP:confused:

Zoostorm Gaming Desktop PC, Core i7-950 3.06GHz, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, GF GTX460, Windows 7 Home Premium

I just tried KSBP parked in several locations. Even with my AI sliders boosted up towards max, I saw nothing but GA on the ground. The List...meaning when you right-click and bring up the list of AI in your general area? Have you clicked on the individual commercial aircraft on that list to see if they are in the air or on the ground?

By, the by...does anyone know who this guy is that's walking around near the tower at KSBP going into the baggage vehicles and walking out again??

KSBP-SLO.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Mr Zippy, I'm talking about the aircraft in the sky. The list is so long it doesn't even get to Boeing aircraft.

Your KBSP scenery is a lot better than mine, where did you get it from?

Thanks, Paul:pilot:

Zoostorm Gaming Desktop PC, Core i7-950 3.06GHz, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, GF GTX460, Windows 7 Home Premium

SLO (The town) is in a high traffic area between KSFO and KLAX so it will be kinda tough to see all of the AI flying around. Not to mention the traffic around Monterrey and Salinas and down south towards Santa Barbara.

The only scenery I have for California is BlueSky plus whatever airports are included in their downloads. Of course, I have separate airport scenery for KSFO, KLAX, and KSAN.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The only way to see commercial aircraft in that list would be to turn off the general aviation AI by moving the traffic slider full left.

That list is broken in that you cannot scroll it.

A far better way to see all traffic is to use the Traffic Toolbox Explorer that comes in the FSX SDK.

I cannot remember if it is active by default in FSX-SE, if it is you should have a Tools entry on the menu Bar.

By, the by...does anyone know who this guy is that's walking around near the tower at KSBP going into the baggage vehicles and walking out again??

Tom Cruise?

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Uno Momento Por Favor. Back the wagon up. There IS a way for you to 'see' any/all AI traffic. You have to set 'Display' / 'Traffic' as in picture. Then you edit Aircraft.cfg FOR EACH DIFFERENT AIRPLANE (GA OR AIRLINE) AND FOR EACH PAINT (as shown in pic).

Then you will see a 'dot' (white light?) where the AI is (ie:flying close to you). Using 'Top Down' view (set zoom to 16X) you can see the 'dot' blinking (1 second interval) AND moving. So doing an 'intercept' (or getting out of the way) will be easy. So you see a '*' (white) over it and not the TEXT. The * 'looks' like a light so that doesn't ruin the sim looks.

Chuck B

PS: Forgot a couple of points. Don't add '*' to your default flight (paint) you load on start of FSX. All the other ones yes. And the * should be in quotes (ie: "*").

Edit: The '*' should be a period (ie: ".") or it won't show. Messed up. Sorry.

Traffic_Display_Settings.jpg

Aircraft cfg_AI Display Edit.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived