Flight planning question

parkerproducts

Please forgive, but I don't have the slightest idea what you are asking; if you would, please elaborate.

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Ahhh... many Thanks!

The easiest is to use the Flight Planner in the Sim... name the Departure & Destination Airports, and you're all set!

If you want to use something different, you could use a tool like SkyVector or FlightPlan Database to create a more intricate Route.

www.skyvector.com

https://flightplandatabase.com/

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Ahhh... many Thanks!

The easiest is to use the Flight Planner in the Sim... name the Departure & Destination Airports, and you're all set!

If you want to use something different, you could use a tool like SkyVector or FlightPlan Database to create a more intricate Route.

www.skyvector.com

https://flightplandatabase.com/

Awesome yes that was my initial plan was to make multiple touch downs and hit w few places I've been too , I was thinking it'd be fun . Make it like a loop so to say . 2000nm or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've seen, FSNav is a great planner for FS9, and Plan G for FSX. I use them and like them both a great deal.

The integral Flight Planner is nothing to sneeze at though...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hi Folks,

If you have an iPad or Android - have you guys seen FltPlan GO ? It's a real world EFB/Flight Planner that includes geo-referenced approach plates - communicates with MSFS/XP for flight tracking - and it's completely free... Highly recommend it.

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

Cant make multiple stops in one flight plan. New plan for each flight.

I agree .

However , you can work around that.

What I do using the FSX FS Flight Planner is ,

- Enter Departure and Destination airports , then ,

- In the map drag the flight plan line string to intervening stop airport and add it , then ,

- Drag the string to create straightline approach segment that is aligned with the runway heading and ILS feather if applicable and ILS frequency , then ,

- Drag the string in runway heading alignment to create a take off segment .

You have then created two waypoints , an approach leg , and a take off leg , both of these legs need to be greater than 3 nm to overcome the autopilot turn anticipation .

I usually use 7 nm or greater for the approach leg , especially if using the ILS.

Then when you are on approach to the intervening stopover airport you either ,

1. Disconnect the autopilot and land manually ,

or,

2. For ILS.

When the autopilot has turned onto the approach leg , switch over the autopilot ,

- Set ILS frequency to NAV 1 radio active window

- Mode , from GPS to NAV

- From NAV hold to APP (Approach) hold.

Stopover.

After your landing , taxi to terminal to offload and onload cargo/PAX , then taxi back to same Runway (Runway heading) Take off , then reset autopilot to ,

-Mode GPS

-NAV hold

and resume your flight plan.

Repeat at each stopover airport.

The flight plan can be interrupted in this manner at as many intervening stopover airports as you desire .

With the above you can land at as many intervening airports as you desire , all with one Flight Plan.

Unfortunately the small size of the FS Flight Planner map makes the process tedious and painstaking to do .

Cheers

Karol

PS;

At any intervening stopover airport , as well as the Approach and Take off legs that you create for that airport , you can create as many waypoints that you might desire to progressively change from your En route inbound heading a step at a time to turn the aircraft around to your approach leg heading.

Effectively what you would be creating is your own customised ,

- STARS for arrival , or

- SIDS for departure.

Basically STARS and SIDS are a series of waypoints that form a transition from

En route headings to Runway headings to provide nice smooth turn pathways in the vicinity of the airport in use.

A simple flight plan

7Shtf47a4.jpg

Archived