Columbia River & Honda Jet

Rupert

I decided to take another little flight along the Columbia River just upstream from Portland Or.

a damjpeg.jpg

Another of the beautiful dams.

dan2jpeg.jpg

bridge of the godsjpeg.jpg

Bridge of the Gods.

The plane is a mini biz-jet which just came out built by Honda. It can scream at over 400knts!:cool:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Nice pics.

...is that a falls or glacier in second pic...thinking falls but don't know

Not too many glaciers on the Columbia river.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

That is Hamaguchi's Honda Jet isn't it. That came out Jan 2007 for FS2004. Did someone update it for FSX or what? (WHA-CHA-TALKING ABOUT...?). And yes, it will do 430 kts. Worked on it today. Had it at FL350, Mach 1.2. Flew from California to Washington State (W28 - Sequim Valley airport). Oh, and nice pics of the 'frozen' Columbia (heehee).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Nice pics...is that a falls or glacier in second pic...thinking falls but don't know

Neither,

It's water coming through the gates in the dam. Other examples are a couple of links here of the Booneville dam.

That is Hamaguchi's Honda Jet isn't it. That came out Jan 2007 for FS2004. Did someone update it for FSX or what? (WHA-CHA-TALKING ABOUT...?). And yes, it will do 430 kts. Worked on it today. Had it at FL350, Mach 1.2. Flew from California to Washington State (W28 - Sequim Valley airport). Oh, and nice pics of the 'frozen' Columbia (heehee).

Chuck B

Napamule

Yes, it's freeware for X. I didn't know it was out earlier for 9. When I said it just came out I meant the real world version was just recently type certified by the U.S.

One of the things I like about this freeware plane is the detailed interior views including a mamasan sitting in the passenger section. And my wife noticed the copilot, flight stewardess, is wearing a short skirt. I reminded her that wasn't as short as the skirts she was wearing in the '70s when we married.

Chuck B

Napamule

Chuck,

I'm assuming you're still using the 2004 version. I just tried a flight from KLAX to KSFO at FL350. According to the published performance specs the RW bird tops out max cruise of 420 actual at FL300.

I decided to see how this version compares to yours. Ignoring the overspeed Klaxon, I got went up to FL350 and WFO she'd do 455 actual or 290 indicated. With a decent tail wind she'd probably go faster. But the Klaxon would drive you nuts & I sure wouldn't want to buy the fuel!! My guess is this one is more closely modeled on the actual published specs of the RW bird.

BTW: Sorry, I didn't travel over to see if the Columbia River was "frozen" today.

Yes I got the FS2004 model (v4) and flying it in FS2004. After me working on it the service cieling is 41,000 ft (up to 45,000 ft), Mach 0.87, 263 Kts, 60% Power. That is what I got (result of tweaking) not real or written specs. Cruise is 430 Kts (up to 18,000 ft). Lands 118 kts with full flaps and 7.5 pitch trim. At FL400 the pitch trim is 2.7. I myself WOULD buy one of these Jobbies (if I could afford it-which I can't). It sure would be a sweet ride (but not if the Mother In Law came along - ha). Going to try the X version tamale. Too late now. Pics? That too. I suppose it's do-able. Check out my video of it diving from FS400 in video forum.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

yes i got the fs2004 model (v4) and flying it in fs2004. After me working on it the service cieling is 41,000 ft (up to 45,000 ft), mach 0.87, 263 kts, 60% power. That is what i got (result of tweaking) not real or written specs. Cruise is 430 kts (up to 18,000 ft). Lands 118 kts with full flaps and 7.5 pitch trim. At fl400 the pitch trim is 2.7. I myself would buy one of these jobbies (if i could afford it-which i can't). It sure would be a sweet ride (but not if the mother in law came along - ha). Going to try the x version tamale. Too late now. Pics? That too. I suppose it's do-able. Check out my video of it diving from fs400 in video forum.

Chuck b

napamule

That is Sweet!

FYI: here are the published numbers of the RW bird:

Performance

Maximum Cruise Speed @ FL300

420 KTAS

Maximum Cruise Altitude

FL430

Rate of Climb

3990 ft / min

NBAA IFR Range (4 occupants)

1180 nm

Takeoff distance

Landing distance

Engines

Neither,

It's water coming through the gates in the dam. Other examples are a couple of links here of the Booneville dam.

I just can't resist!!

It's obviously just some dam water going over some dam spillways! There's no dam glaciers near there! Does that answer your dam question??

:D ;D

Great set of shots! Thank you for a nifty dam post! :D

Gad, once I start, I just can't stop the dam puns...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I just can't resist!!

It's obviously just some dam water going over some dam spillways! There's no dam glaciers near there! Does that answer your dam question??

:D ;D

Great set of shots! Thank you for a nifty dam post! :D

Gad, once I start, I just can't stop the dam puns...

Pat☺

But you have to admit, those are some pretty dam nice dams! And the dam water going through the dam gates looks dam good too!

But you have to admit, those are some pretty dam nice dams! And the dam water going through the dam gates looks dam good too!

Dam right! I dam well does :D

You know, this could go on forever...

But it's so dam much fun :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived