Problem when selecting aircraft

capndon

Hi Guys

Was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem I'm having with FS9. When I switch to a different aircraft using the

aircraft select tab, I get a message saying "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working Close program". When I close the

program the simulator reloads and is working again. It's more of a nuisance than anything else. Maybe someone has a fix for it.

Thanks and have a great day

Don

Is this when changing to a specific aircraft, or any aircraft? Are you changing in mid flight or before flight?

In XP and Vista (probably later windows as well) viewing too many aircraft in a row will cause the sim to crash, it is apparently a memory management issue with the sim.

It could also be the particular Airplane you're choosing; there might be Gauges or Sounds associated with your Selection, that are causing the Sim to crash.

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

It happens to me all the time. No idea why, unless a Windows Update got to it.

No big. Whatever.

And other indications of a lack of G-A-S...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived