Fly-by volume

Darrin

I have peeked inside the cfg folder...is there a way to increase the volume of the faint fly-by view by editing any of the sound lines? Or is volume of fly-by not here?

Thanks,

[sOUND]

AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000

SOUND=1

SOUND_QUALITY=2

SOUND_LOD=0

UISound=1

AmbientUI=1

PrimaryDevice={720218FF-67B1-47EA-B8CC-54484B270557}

VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}

SOUND_FADER1=1.000000

SOUND_FADER2=0.560000

SOUND_FADER3=1.000000

SOUND_FADER4=0.500000

AmbientUIMusic=FSX01

If by 'flyby' we're talking about Tower view, I should imagine being inside it would naturally dull down outside engine noise.

I don't know nuthin bout messing with files, but I know that if you're a fair distance away from the plane, its engine sound is bound to sound faint, so zooming in won't help a bit.

I just ran some tests and zoom 0.60 seems pretty realistic, the engine sound is not bad as it whizzes close past the tower.

PS- I found this old thread by a guy called 'Quicksand' who had the same dull flyby sound, it might give you some clues and I think he's not stuck any more-

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-Fly-by-Sounds

'Fly-By' is a view. From 'Locked Spot View' you presses the 'A' key to cycle views, with 'Top Down' being next and then back to 'Locked Spot View'.

The distance can be reduced/increased with '-' and '+' keys but the sound will be the same (ie: barely audible). If you make a window (with press of '[' key) and choose 'Outside' and 'Locked Spot' view you will have loud (external) engine sound. You can reduce that window to 1x1 inch and put it on upper right corner (out of the way). I already offered this 'trick' in the OP's simular thread last week. He is posting AGAIN with same problem. Evidently he believes there is an edit somewhere to increase the volume of engines ONLY in FlyBy and THAT isn't possible (I don't think).

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Darrin,

I make videos. And I too have wished (for years) to somehow keep the sound loud when in Fly-By view. So I feel your pain.

In sound (files) you have flaps sound, wheel rumble, crash sound, etc. But no Fly-By sound. Maybe someone is clever enough to make some code and put it under the 'Non-Cumbustion' section to force FltSim engine to keep the sound turned up when in Fly-By view. Not sure what else in involved (SDK, air file, wav files, etc). Maybe some day... but don't hold your breath.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

• 1 year later...
Was just looking for a fix to this same problem. But the weird part about it is not all aircraft have this issue. Although most are inaudible from tower view (even from non towered airports), some such as A2A's Civilian Mustang sound great and just right from "Tower View". Others do as well, just don't remember which ones. So, there must be a way to adjust this.

Archived