No cumulus !

Tigani

I use Flight Environment to select what clouds I want visually - i.e. fluffy, stormy etc - and then in FS2004 I go to the weather setup and choose what type of clouds I want - i.e. cirrus, stratus, cumulus - at whatever levels I decide to set them up. I would have thought that you could do this in Active Sky????

Dijvid

Hello

is there a way to replace cumulus clouds with stratus and cirrus ?

I dont want Active sky to give me cumulus even if the metar says there is

and replace it with stratus and cirrus Instead ?

Hello

Don't no what version of Asky you've got, but using Asky 6.5 you most definitely can choose all sorts of options for cloud selection.

Actually I seem to remember there is a choice in 6.5 to favour cumulus over stratus (which is of course the opposite of what you want ) but there are many many options in Asky for you to choose from.

Iam interested ! Why do you want a cumulus free world.?

I always enjoy the early parts of a flight as I climb through the fluffies to cruise.

Anyways Asky has many options.

Cheers

Andy

Hello

Don't no what version of Asky you've got, but using Asky 6.5 you most definitely can choose all sorts of options for cloud selection.

Actually I seem to remember there is a choice in 6.5 to favour cumulus over stratus (which is of course the opposite of what you want ) but there are many many options in Asky for you to choose from.

Iam interested ! Why do you want a cumulus free world.?

I always enjoy the early parts of a flight as I climb through the fluffies to cruise.

Anyways Asky has many options.

Cheers

Andy

Yes i am using active sky 6.5 , before i post this thread i looked up in clouds options in active sky and i found that option but like what you said it's the opposite of what i want !

will the problem is cumulus makes my FPS drops down maybe to 10fps , and ofcourse climbing through cumulus is amazing but sure you cant enjoy it with low FPS 😅

will the problem is cumulus makes my FPS drops down maybe to 10fps , and ofcourse climbing through cumulus is amazing but sure you cant enjoy it with low FPS 😅

Your cloud textures are probably too large (32 bit) for your graphics card to handle. For example, if they are 512x512 bitmaps, try using the 256x256 size or even 128x128 size.

The DXT3 texture set will run better for you than 32 bit, but there is a slight loss in quality when close up.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

This was a puzzling problem for me as well as performance dropped dramatically in ANY cloudy condition. It turned out that it was the anti-alias setting that I was using. I changed the "quality" setting in the " catalyst control center" and the clouds now have very little affect on frame rate. Any "modern" and recent video card should be able to handle 32-bit (what I use) cloud textures .... and MY card is getting to be a little ancient (ATI Radeon 5700 series).

Play with whatever anti-alias settings you can find. It might just be that simple.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also why I like using FSGRW for a WX program. Adds far more stratus then cumulus.

Also check what size clouds as has been mentioned. If your using 1024 or even 512 32 but, your GPU may not handle it. I use 256x256 32 bit and they look great. Soft. And can run 4xSGSSAA without any dramas even in heavy cloud. Makes a difference.

Archived