An odd one for you...

KCD

I have, in my hanger, two versions of the Cessna Cardinal 177RG saved from FS2000 all those years ago. Why? Because I like them, and periodically I try to make them work in my FS9. Well, they do work now in my FS9, but that's after years of tinkering, so much tinkering that I couldn't begin to tell you what's been done to get them to where they are today, but they do fly.

Only one problem, the gear does not deploy, it's stuck in that maze of Cessna trap doors so the whooping crane legs never show themselves. Now I know I could solve this problem by buying the HTAI version of this plane, but these have sentimental value at this point, and they are full fledged models, not AI models. Besides, I really like these two airplanes.

There was a post not long ago about this same sort of issue, some 2000, or 2002 plane was not deploying its gear in a later edition of MSFS. I marked it, but the marker has gotten lost and I have been unsuccessful in searching the site. I hope that some wizard among us can provide the answer that will finally release the gear and let it extend as it was intended to do.

Thanks for your assistance.

Just look in the FS2004 Forum and Chuck (Napamule2) will extol all of his knowledge about lowering gears on the older aircraft. I'm fairly sure it had to do with the B-36B someone was trying to modify. Good luck Klee! ;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

OK, Zipster, I'll check that out.

Well, what Chuck is suggesting is a lot of cut & Paste editing in various files with various names, and once all that's done, he indicates that you have to go find various files from an FS9 model of the same type, in this case a C177-RG... Doesn't exist (at least as freeware), so I don't think that would work. Nice try, Zippy.

Hello? Talking to me? (hehe). I don't have the FS2000 C-177-RG ('RG' meaning Retractable Gear). But I can get the model, run my magic wand over it and 1 hour or so later you (I?) can fly it (hopefully with improvements you want/need). I need the zip file name. Hopefully it's here at FltSimCom and not AvSim. Standing by.

The reason it takes time is that the original cfg does not have all the entries required for FS9. In FS2000 the air file would write in all the required fields to aircraft cfg. But I find that even then the entries do not have 'FS9' values, etc. So, I do borrow from default to make a 'good' cfg. With practice (I got that) it takes 15 min to edit cfg from FS2000 to use in FS9. Flying and doing testing is what takes the 45 mins.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

If you could, make work for FSX also. The c177rg is just about my favorite
P3Dv4.5, nothing but Gigs of ORBX, REX 4 TD, REX WW Airports HD, SkyForce 3D, ASP4. I7 8700 CPU Liquid Cooled, 32g 3200 mem, GTX 1080ti on an ASUS Prime Z370-A Motherboard with Win 10. Goflight GF166A VRP, 2 X RP48, GF-T8. CH Pro Yoke and Pedals.

I have that one. I mean some different repaints and N #'s. I tried e mailing Brett Henderson but have never got a response. And when it comes to repainting, forget it.
P3Dv4.5, nothing but Gigs of ORBX, REX 4 TD, REX WW Airports HD, SkyForce 3D, ASP4. I7 8700 CPU Liquid Cooled, 32g 3200 mem, GTX 1080ti on an ASUS Prime Z370-A Motherboard with Win 10. Goflight GF166A VRP, 2 X RP48, GF-T8. CH Pro Yoke and Pedals.

KCD,

I looked all over for this FS2000 model and could not find it. I found the GMAX version for FSX.

If you can zip and email it to me I can work on it. No matter if it's payware. I would not keep it. I don't need to do that. I got plenty of other AC. I will PM you.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived