FSX Steam Cannot be restarted after Shutting down (App aleady running)

GNacino

Anyone else having this problem? If I try to start FSX-SE after shutting it down, I get the above error. I've looked in Task Manager, processes, nothing listed for FSX-SE running. The only thing that shows are two items for Steam. Even if I close those, still cannot start up FSX-SE. The only way to restart is to reboot the pc.

I went to FSX-SE support and they were of no help. Their final solution was that this was not a FSX issue but Steam issue and to contact their support. Contacting their support is an endless loop of getting nowhere. I have verified my files an even uninstalled and reinstall but no joy.

I have a dual setup of FSX boxed Deluxe and FSX-SE on their own drive running Win7 64bit.

Gnacino

Win7 Ultimate 64bit, Intel I7 4790K @4.8GHz, Nvidea GTX 970, 32GB RAM

I don't have Steam, but I've run into a similar deal with Firefox. Rebooting my system let the program exit normally after running it and quitting. Probably something not quite cleaned up in Windows at exit time.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Problem solved. Thanks Cpt Caveman. I looked in Task Manager and it was Linda that was still running. It starts up with the sim but it doesn't close. It closes in FSX Boxed but not in Steam. I have to make sure I physically close it after I close the sim.

GNacino

Archived