FS9 Airplanes won't takeoff

No_Inflight_Meal

It's the strangest thing.

I can be in the default Cessna or Beech Bonanza or Default 737-400. The one thing they all have in common is, they won't leave the ground. It's not for the lack of airspeed either. I was doing 120 kts in the Bonaza and nothing. Just rolling right along, past the houses and trees. 320 kts in the Boeing, same thing. Ok, ok, maybe not 320, but some ridiculous amount of airspeed, resulted in the same ending.

The one thing the all had in common, was that that they were all top heavy.The nose wheel was pushed into the ground, or so it seemed. And as hard as I pulled back on the yoke, (in all the aircraft,) no upward movement. Had I not engaged the A/P, I'd never would have left the ground. That was my only saving grace.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks in advance,

No_Inflight_Meal?

Overweight, not using elevator trim. Do you have any addons to your Sim, or is this a vanilla FS9 install?

Let's see a screenshot of the nose wheel in the ground. Sounds like screwed up scenery.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Fortunately - or unfortunately - depending upon how you look at it, I completely uninstalled FS9 and am only left with the stock a/c and a Posky 757. (And that is only there so the saved flight will load; as that was the a/c in use.) But aside from that, it's a standard installation. With a registry that's as clean as I could get it. (This is not to say that **I** personally went through the registry looking for instances of FS9 - because I didn't. ) But that notwithstanding, my uninstalling program did the best it could.

So, yeah, it's a plain jane install, with the uninstall taking with it the saved files and settings.

I also wanted to note, that my elevators do not deflect in any direction.

What do you have your Sensitivity Slider (found under the Options Menu/Controls) set at?

I re-calibrated the CH Eclipse, and it still didn't make a difference. I put the Null Zone slider next to nothing, (all the way to the left,) and no improvement.

No_Inflight_Meal?

What key do you use for adding + pitch trim? You might need +1.5 trim depending on fuel load. Whan you swithed AP on (with elevation set to positive elevation) IT set + pitch trim for you. You can add 20 presses of the (elev trim) key (aprox + 2.0) you use but be ready to move it back as you achieve positive climb so as not to stall.

Chuck B

PS: What about flaps? How much? 1 of flaps should do for take offs on all default ac.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

As far as trim goes, I presume that Elevator trim down means nose down, right? That key, Num7 is mapped to my CH Eclipse button 8. Conversely, Elevator trim up is mapped to my CH Eclipse button 7. It's a toggle switch that goes up and down. Up is 7 and down is 8.

I know in the A2A 172, you do have to set the trim correctly; not just leave it at the presumed center. How do I know? I have one. I didn't think that was true of the default fs9 a/c.

What is IT set?

No_Inflight_Meal?

I expect:

your default flight has the payware plane.

An autopilot function is on.

So all other flights wil start with that function on.

No button in default planes to switch it off.

(no fmc)

Restore the standard default flight that fs9 came with.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't speak for FS9, but I know in that FSX some planes (usually airliners) won't leave the ground even though they're doing about 130 mph and I'm pulling back on the joystick.

To fix it in FSX, I start the takeoff roll, then when it reaches around 90 mph I HOLD DOWN THE UPTRIM KEY and the nose will come up and the plane leaps off the runway.

See if it works in FS9 and remember to hold that key down..:)

This and your other thread tell me that your control interface is the problem.

Unplug the stick and boot the computer.

Plug back and reboot.

Calibrate the stick from within the sim.

+1

I laugh at the calamity of others who jump in with the most convoluted solutions before examining the obvious.

Sherlock congratulates you and scoffs at the others.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Quote: Wing_Z: 'This and your other thread tell me that your control interface is the problem. Unplug the stick and boot the computer. Plug back and reboot. Calibrate the stick from within the sim.'

And if THAT fails to 'fix' it....USE PITCH TRIM. Case closed.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I think that Wing_Z was absolutely spot-on in his analysis. I did that, and also realized (in spot view) that the elevators were moving on their own - without my moving the yoke.

So, I started FS9, and went to Options/Controllers/Assignments and went through all three of my controllers looking for a conflict, and removed the conflict.

Don't forget, this is a reinstall - as complete as I could get it - so I can understand how the conflict got there in the first place. (The conflict being between the rudder pedals Ailerons and Elevators, were assigned to Toe Brakes, Left and Right. ) The CH Eclipse had the same assignment, i.e. Ailerons and Elevators, axes. as it should.

Once that issue was corrected, I can now d/c the autopilot and land normally.

Thanks for all of your help.

No_Inflight_Meal?

Archived