New FSX install question concerning FTX and UTX

HardCub

Hello friends.

It's been awhile since I was last here (real life stuff) and in the process unfortunately, I recently developed some non-fixable, data sector issues with my C:\ drive. After 4 days of frustrating efforts trying to hack into the Windows7 Pro OS, I succeeded and was able to save what I needed. A thorough format followed and the installation of a new updated WD Black Caviar 2TB HDD. I will also be installing a fresh copy of Windows 10 64-bit OS ...AND ... all of my flightsimulation stuff again. With this in mind, I have a question for all of you.

Concerning the setup my FSX simulator..... what is your opinion of using FTX VECTOR versus UTX-USA?

I will be using the FTX GLOBAL textures of course and the rest of my FTX Orbx products, regardless of which path is taken, based on the question above. I have both FTX and UTX products, and I want to use whichever one is better and more accurate overall concerning the roads, landclass, etc. I have read and researched, and I am not sure. I thought maybe some of you could give me some thoughts?

Thank you for your advice. I hope your weekend is going great. ~Glenn

PS: By-the-way, I have not forsaken FS9. It is getting first priority install. Haha :p;):rolleyes::cool::D

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

With UTX Europe I am actually using both. Vector data seemed more accurate with FTX but I prefer the landclass of UTX over OpenLC Europe.

As FTX does not contain landclass for the US anyway, maybe using both is the method of choice there too?

Archived