GPS Blank Spot on Panel

louw

When I click the icon for my GPS in any aircraft all I get is a black square where the GPS should be. I suppose, somewhere along the line I installed something that removed the GPS gauges. Any help in recovering my GPS would be appreciated.

FS9 on Windows XP.

It sounds like your fs9gps.cab file has been changed, renamed, moved, something.

Look in your gauges folder for it. Has it been renamed to something else? fs9_gps_old.cab or whatever?

Did it get moved?

Did the name of the gauge that calls out the GPS in your panel.cfg files all get changed somehow? the gauge should look something like fs9gps!fs9gps_500.

Is there a duplication somehow? fs9gps.cab and fs9gps.gau for example.

I know there are updated gps files you can download, I just can't find one right off the bat. There is one that shows the AI Planes flying in the area, one that shows winds aloft, the Garmin 330, 430, and 530 upgardes, etc etc.

I hope this helps out somehow. Remember, back-ups are your friend...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

If you still have the GPS .cab file, check the date.

The FSX version will not work in FS9 and it is possible that an addon overwrote the FS9 version with the FSX version.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Thank you gentlemen. I checked all as per your suggestions. Did not see anything wrong so I found the FS9gps.cab file on disc 2 of the FS204 installation discs and re-installed it as per a suggestion. I have tested it in two different aircraft and it works. Again, Thank you all

Archived