FSX TDS Reverse Thrust Problem

SEA747

Much appreciated.

I'm a bit bushed after starting at the TDS for so long. Won't be trying anything now.

I did recently increase power on an addon Goose. (usmcjrf1.zip). I increased:

power_scalar =

max_rated_rpm=

max_rated_hp=

That gave a little more altitude, and also a huge range.

(Not happy yet with the final results.)

I'll look this thread up when I continue working on it.

il88pp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glad to help a little :D

Also, you might try the FSDeveloper forum. They have a huge wealth of info on every topic...

They are also fairly friendly and helpful, although very knowledgable, people over there. They do get a bit complex/deep sometimes, but are more than happy to dumb it down for me, when I ask them to, on the rare occaisions I ask questions there.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I just flew the TDS 737 MAX8 from KFAT to KSFO. No modifications to the aircraft including not putting in the FSX stuff. Other than the takeoff roll being WAY to long (as usual for TDS 737s) the flight was uneventful. I landed at KSFO with 20% fuel in all tanks, 30 degrees flaps, spoilers activated, landing speed at 138 knots. Reversers did their job and I slowed to under 60 knots within 20 seconds and took the first runway turnoff.

SEA747, you never stated your landing speed and I already know of your lack of spoiler use.

My landing speed I usually target for is 140 knots. Depending on how fast the aircraft is descending, I might need to increase the throttle in order to clear the scenery below. The average throttle placement for me is at 33-66% on both engines. On TDS aircraft, I have to target 50% throttle or more due to the center of gravity's effect on the engines

My landing speed I usually target for is 140 knots. Depending on how fast the aircraft is descending, I might need to increase the throttle in order to clear the scenery below. The average throttle placement for me is at 33-66% on both engines. On TDS aircraft, I have to target 50% throttle or more due to the center of gravity's effect on the engines

OK, sounds like you're getting there! I know the reversers work!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

OK, sounds like you're getting there! I know the reversers work!

I checked with the thrust_scalar; it's more effective on landing now, though it's still stuck when stationary. Probably not necessary with Shift+P for backing out of a gate, though I find it necessary for correcting parking angles when going into a gate.

Making all my 4 changes I made the aircraft back up from stationary. The 737. Perhaps even a bit too fast.

That was with 66% fuel.

Backing out of a parking space was on problem at all.

I didn't check the braking effect, but that should work too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived